I've noticed two bugs in the new scheduling component.

1. When scheduling anything with a distribution windows that spans past midnight, the scheduling engine "forgets" to advance the date on the task. Try the following to reproduce:
Select a number of machines to be patched weekly every thursday.
Set the patch start time to 11:30 PM, with a 1 hour distribution window.
Now, a number of the machines will patch between 11:30 PM and 11:59 PM on June 3rd, while some will patch between 12:00 AM and 12:30 AM on June third.

It is possible that the "patch weekly on Thursday" may be causing this to happen, however, this was not the expected behavior. No matter what day we set the scheduling to, the schedule should roll over to the next morning, not jump 24 hours back in time.

2. The scheduling component appears to remember (correctly, for the most part), the schedule that was defined for a certain task, however, it doesn't seem to remember the distribution window settings correctly. If I set a distribution window for 30 minutes, the next time I go in, it appears to remember "30", but swaps out Minutes for hours, and then displays 1.25 days as the distribution window.

This may also be related to the failure of proper "roll over" as indicated in #1.

Legacy Forum Name: 2 bugs in scheduling (K2),
Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen