Kaseya Community

Offline/Online Spam?

• Currently we monitor the agent status for all of our customer's servers. If an agent goes offline for a period of longer than 5 minutes, we get an email sent to us. We have a follow-up email sent to us whenever the agent comes back online.

The issue is that whenever our Kserver is rebooted or has a short internet outage, etc., we get spammed by every single one of our servers.

This is no big deal by itself. We can just delete the emails. But we're in the process of configuring Tigerpaw to automatically create Service Orders based off of Kaseya tickets and I'd like to be able to create 'agent offline' SOs as well. I don't want to have to Void a bunch of SOs everytime this happens.

Anybody have a solution? I imagine this is a common problem.

Legacy Forum Name: Offline/Online Spam?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smartdolphins
  • We set the trigger to longer than 5 minutes

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • Workstations we set for 5 days... Servers 2 minutes.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • smartdolphins
    The issue is that whenever our Kserver is rebooted or has a short internet outage, etc., we get spammed by every single one of our servers.

Ideally you should be in complete control over your Kserver and shouldn't have issues with your Internet connection. (If you are, I would suggest looking into a redundant connection or datacenter.)

If you are able to anticipate outages (like when rebooting your server or firewall yourself) you can globally disable alerts on the System -> Configure page. There's a checkbox next to "Enable Alarm Generation" that you can uncheck to stop all alerts for a time period. Just make sure to check it again when you're back up.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • CCDave
    Ideally you should be in complete control over your Kserver and shouldn't have issues with your Internet connection. (If you are, I would suggest looking into a redundant connection or datacenter.)

I totally didn't want to go down that road as our friends in the land down under don't have the best luck with ISPs...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Respectfully, duhhh ;p.

I understand that having better control of our connection/reboots would alleviate this issue. Unfortunately that isn't cost effective for us quite yet. I was hoping there'd be a magic bullet but I guess we'll just suspend alarms for reboots and deal with voiding the SOs in the other cases.

It would be nice if the Kserver could sense this somehow. I wouldn't think that it would be too difficult for Kaseya to implement some checks for the Kserver to verify its own connectivity and suspend these alarms until connectivity gets restored. Probably wishful thinking.

Legacy Posted By Username: smartdolphins