Kaseya Community

Kaseya Tech Support Experience re: "Agent Procedure"

• Agent Procedures has been so slow since I upgraded to K2 that my techs dread using it. I even started looking Labtech as an alternative. I opened a ticket about the performance of 'agent procedures' on my K Server. I received a call on the same day mentioning that they're working on a hotfix to resolve this issue. I didn't hold my breath.

Fast forward to this morning. I received a call from a polite Kaseya tech named Mike letting me know that the hotfix is ready, and that he wanted to apply it manually to my server. He asked me if I could provide him with some feedback. I was impressed at the follow up and gladly agreed for him to install it.

I just got back to the office and WOW, Agent Procedures is wayyyy faster. The performance improvement is HUGE on our KServer. I'm extremely happy and feel this is a huge step in the right direction. It also proves to me that Kaseya is really listening and is working to improve the situation.

I was told the hotfix will likely be released tomorrow, so hopefully everybody enjoys the performance gains.

-James

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Tech Support Experience re: "Agent Procedure",
    Legacy Posted By Username: sjmconsulting
  • James, that is good news to hear. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Hopefully improved tech support and improved product perfrmance will become the norm !

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • sjmconsulting
    Agent Procedures has been so slow since I upgraded to K2 that my techs dread using it. I even started looking Labtech as an alternative. I opened a ticket about the performance of 'agent procedures' on my K Server. I received a call on the same day mentioning that they're working on a hotfix to resolve this issue. I didn't hold my breath.

Fast forward to this morning. I received a call from a polite Kaseya tech named Mike letting me know that the hotfix is ready, and that he wanted to apply it manually to my server. He asked me if I could provide him with some feedback. I was impressed at the follow up and gladly agreed for him to install it.

I just got back to the office and WOW, Agent Procedures is wayyyy faster. The performance improvement is HUGE on our KServer. I'm extremely happy and feel this is a huge step in the right direction. It also proves to me that Kaseya is really listening and is working to improve the situation.

I was told the hotfix will likely be released tomorrow, so hopefully everybody enjoys the performance gains.

-James

Great to hear! I'm glad that more people are getting a better experiance from KSupport. One thing kind of freaks me out a bit. It sounds a bit like you are being used to "beta" a hot fix. I've just opened a ticket for a similar reason, any chance that I could get your ticket number so that I can get it the tech working on my issue as a reference?

By the way, I think as of late (at least the last few tickets I've opened) have all been followed up by a phone call to at least clarify the issue (I can be vague at times) which I think is super.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • this sounds promissing when can we expect the hotfix for download because we have that issue to.

Legacy Posted By Username: becs
  • sjmconsulting

Hmm... we had hotfixes this morning and it's still as chuggy as ever. I'll check back on Tuesday and cross my fingers.

(Hopefully this is the "client-side offloading" that Benjamin posted about a while back... "Google Gears" for Kaseya, as it were.)

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • I've just had some hot fixes and a re-apply schema done, apprently re-apply schema was stuck and mangled the last few hot fixes, I have yet to see the results, but then again I've only been logged in for 10 mintues...

Coffee + Alarm surfing + forums... what a way to start the day!

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Yep, the hotfix is out Smile

Performance improvement is incredible now that we've moved processing to the client. You might see an extra second or two before the procedure loads but once it does it is lightning fast.

You also have other goodies like copy/paste -- this will copy a specific procedure operation, or an entire section of IF/ ELSE statements.

Legacy Posted By Username: Benjamin.Lavalley@kaseya.com
  • Awesome, will check soon. Ive just started going heavy into the scripts and was annoyed fairly quickly just moving some folders around.

Legacy Posted By Username: steven.moore