Kaseya Community

K2 upgrade that went ok.

• We updated our production server to K2 last Friday (May 14th) and it went well. We had an error where we could not login at first. We were able to get a hold of support on the phone right away and after renaming one file (updateAvailable.asp) we were able to login. All of our scripts and reports appear to have migrated over. We did have to re-customize it a bit but we expected that. Also, some of the user roles did not migrate properly so I had to redo the machine groups they had access to and the options available to them. We also had to put in the correct report server URL on the configure tab. Overall, we are very happy with how smooth the upgrade went and how well it is running speed wise after the fact. After a few hours we were upgraded and on our way. With all the bad upgrade stories, I thought we would pass along another good review for those who are still waiting.

System Info/Specs:
    Agents: 2100
    KES: 1750
    Server = Windows 2003 Server Standard x64
    Sql = SQL Server 2005 Enterprise x64 (32-bit Report Server)
    CPU = Dual 2 GHz Xeon Quads
    RAM = 10 GB
    OS and Temb db on a Raid 1
    Kaseya DB on a Raid 5

Legacy Forum Name: K2 upgrade that went ok.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jasonp
  • jasonp
    We updated our production server to K2 last Friday (May 14th) and it went well. We had an error where we could not login at first. We were able to get a hold of support on the phone right away and after renaming one file (updateAvailable.asp) we were able to login. All of our scripts and reports appear to have migrated over. We did have to re-customize it a bit but we expected that. Also, some of the user roles did not migrate properly so I had to redo the machine groups they had access to and the options available to them. We also had to put in the correct report server URL on the configure tab. Overall, we are very happy with how smooth the upgrade went and how well it is running speed wise after the fact. After a few hours we were upgraded and on our way. With all the bad upgrade stories, I thought we would pass along another good review for those who are still waiting.

System Info/Specs:
    Agents: 2100
    KES: 1750
    Server = Windows 2003 Server Standard x64
    Sql = SQL Server 2005 Enterprise x64 (32-bit Report Server)
    CPU = Dual 2 GHz Xeon Quads
    RAM = 10 GB
    OS and Temb db on a Raid 1
    Kaseya DB on a Raid 5

You totally bribed someone Stick out tongue

Really I'm glad it went well for you and hope that you continue to have good luck with this.

My migration was a bit bumpy, then smoothed out and now has hit a reef again... Sad anyways... good for you...

EDIT: How in the world did you get support on the phone? I just get a message...

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty