Kaseya Community

K2 - Agent via Proxy Server

• Hi,

does any one know how to monitor an agent via proxy server on the K2 product?

Thanks,

Graham

Legacy Forum Name: K2 - Agent via Proxy Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: grahammay
  • grahammay
    Hi,

does any one know how to monitor an agent via proxy server on the K2 product?

Thanks,

Graham

There's no such thing as 'a proxy server'. Each proxy server product does something different, so you need to be more specific about which version of proxy software you are using.

Andrew

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au
  • Internet access is provided via squid proxy. There is no direct internet access for the computers without a proxy server. My understanding under the old Kaseya version there was an easter egg setting where you could specify a proxy server setting for the agent.

This does not exist under K2 and I was wondering whether there was an equivalent setting.

• http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/132/t/6837.aspx

• I can't find this in K2. Anyone else able to use this in K2? I was using this pre-K2.

Legacy Posted By Username: xogent
  • I do know its there hidden in K2.

Was shown on boot camp but forgot where it was located Smile

Ok I have found it click on the invisible button between the > and Show button.

Excuse the paint skills Stick out tongue

Legacy Posted By Username: PeterJ
  • I added the proxy server to the agent, but how do you deploy it to the computer. I have created a packaged based on the machine with a proxy agent. Copied the package to the computer and run the setup, but can't see it online in Kaseya.

Is there anythihng else needs to be done. Thanks for your help so far.

• OK I was asked today to install Kaseya Agent onto a site with Microsoft ISA Firewall Smile

And these are the steps that worked for this scenario.

Which I completed about 10 minutes ago for a single server.

So will update if I find any other issues.

1 Create a new template eg: New ISA Install Template and copied settings from standard install template.

2 Changed proxy settings in Kaseya and created a deployment package.

3 Downloaded and ran kaseya agent on one of the servers onsite - but not the ISA Box.

4 O great didn't connect so ended up opening standard ports inside ISA firewall policy - outbound and inbound rule for TCP eg: 5721.

5 Restarted the Kaseya Service on the Server said it was connected.

Hope that sort of helps will check in the morning that all is still working. Wink

Legacy Posted By Username: PeterJ