Kaseya Community

Custom Tabs...

• Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if there is any built in way to edit the hyperlinks (tabs) in Kaseya, I.E. Home, Audit, Scripts etc, I want to add a custom one to the end of this list.

I am guessing even if I did it would open as another webpage however if I could then get it to open in a frame within Kaseya that would be great.

Would rather not edit the HTML files manually but if I have to any anyone knows the file I need to look at that would be great too.

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: Custom Tabs...,
    Legacy Posted By Username: stu_u2k
  • I have been updated by Kaseya support confirming that this functionality does not exist should anyone else want to do the same.

It has been added as a feature request however anyone else who wants this option please also submit a feature request as then there is more hope that they will implement it.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
  • The "feature" may not exist as something that you can do without hacking the snot out of Kaseya. I do know for a fact that this was possible in K5.1 by Creating your own customFunc.xml file and such. Take a look in the How-To forum for 5.1 responces and see if those help you along the path

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • I was told this is possible, but as Charles.IN put it, you'll have to "hack the snot" out of Kaseya, and if you do, there is no guarantee that the edits will be saved when the next hot fix is applied. IMO it's not worth the trouble.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Yes that is exactly it, though Bejamin from Kaseya came back to me with the info, apparently there is a way to do it in K2 though! Big Smile

Just need to persuade out management to make the move now.

• [QUOTE=stu_u2k;58330]Yes that is exactly it, though Bejamin from Kaseya came back to me with the info, apparently there is a way to do it in K2 though! Big Smile

Just need to persuade out management to make the move now.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see this modification that you do... and I'm curious to know if it sticks after updates and hot fixes are done...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • PM: Benjamin Lavalley, he emailed me directly to advise it could be done in K2, I won't give you his emails as it is not my place but if you PM him on here I am sure he will be happy to help.

If I had K2 I would have enquired further and possible be able to help directly, sorry.