Kaseya Community

K2 as main helpdesk app

• Is there anyone here who uses K2 as their primary helpdesk tool? If yes, what do you like and dislike about it? What'd it missing?

If you considered doing that and decided not to, what were your reasons?

Legacy Forum Name: K2 as main helpdesk app,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Kayza
  • Kayza
    Is there anyone here who uses K2 as their primary helpdesk tool? If yes, what do you like and dislike about it? What'd it missing?

If you considered doing that and decided not to, what were your reasons?

For us there were two factors that made us not use Kaseya as an all in one. First was we didn't like the way ticketing was handled (it's gotten a lot better in K2, but still not what we were looking for as we offer other services). And the second was the lack of integration in our billing system/method.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • thirteentwenty
    First was we didn't like the way ticketing was handled (it's gotten a lot better in K2, but still not what we were looking for as we offer other services).

If you don't mind my asking, what were the problems with ticketing for you? As you can imagine, poor ticketing is a deal breaker, so knowing what others have experienced would me quite useful.

And the second was the lack of integration in our billing system/method.

What are you using for billing?

Thanks!

• For ticketing we weren't able to open tickets per user, only machine. So when it came to our other services we weren't able use the ticketing system effectively. For what it's worth if you're only doing MSP via Kaseya it works wonderfully.

We use quickbooks for our finacial software, ConnectWise provided us a way to connect the MSP side of things to the quickbooks.

• Thanks!

You have just saved me a huge amount of time. Not being able to ticket by user could be a big issue. I have not really had a chance to look at what they have done with ticketing, so hadn't realized that you still can't really do that.

• Kayza
    Thanks!

You have just saved me a huge amount of time. Not being able to ticket by user could be a big issue. I have not really had a chance to look at what they have done with ticketing, so hadn't realized that you still can't really do that.

I should have checked earlier, but in K2 you're able to open tickets under a users name. Or it appears to allow this.

• I should have checked earlier, but in K2 you're able to open tickets under a users name. Or it appears to allow this.

Thanks for looking for me. I'll look for myself if we can get around the Quickbooks integration issues.