Kaseya Community

General management

• hey guys,

i was just wondering is there a way to say "TAG" machine groups in K2 so there is a way to filter out my "Managed" and "UN managed" clients?

sadly my company has a few clients (about 10) in my list of organizations, i am hoping there is a way to hide these or even make a "View" to show only managed clients.

thanks for your help

Legacy Forum Name: General management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Iggy1328
  • With K2 the way I have set it up is, The Organisation, then machine groups are managed, unmanaged and gratis. This allows you to view all or individuals,or each of the machine groups are attached to the organisation root.

As for hiding certain machine groups over others I am unsure, not tried that, but it probably is available to be done

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: adam.sheridan
  • I've got ours set up for company/machine group (location)/
    I've got a company sub group of "replaced" that I keep machines that are no longer used just in case I need info from them, (standard 30day clause). I like the idea of the "gratis" group and might start that up after I take stock of who pays what (normally we don't care, thats an accounting thing and they say yay or nay for service)

as for managed v unmanaged I've got a custom field for that. simple binary input 1 is yes and 0 is no. and set a filter for my view. I've found thats the simplest way to sort them.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Neat thing about K2 is the scope. We created a scope for fully managed clients and a scope for partial managed clients (only BUDR or KES).
    Not sure if it would work for your needs, but due to the way we have our groups setup and named, it works great for us

Legacy Posted By Username: JonJohnston
  • thirteentwenty

Interesting ideas on you managed unmanaged, does that mean you need more views when filtering on workstation v server on managed and unmanaged?

Or it is unimportant at that stage? We use it separately so when we apply server or workstation templates we apply it to the right lot that are managed.

Interested on the benefits of a 'custom field viewed' option over a separate machine group option?

Legacy Posted By Username: adam.sheridan
  • adam.sheridan
    thirteentwenty

Interesting ideas on you managed unmanaged, does that mean you need more views when filtering on workstation v server on managed and unmanaged?

Or it is unimportant at that stage? We use it separately so when we apply server or workstation templates we apply it to the right lot that are managed.

Interested on the benefits of a 'custom field viewed' option over a separate machine group option?

I have an incredible amount of views... 2 for each (ie servers and servers.unmanaged) same goes for my DC view, Exchange views (2k3 and 2k7 and soon 2k10). Same goes for workstations. Normally I would apply this after the agents get installed (I've got another group for audits too), then just apply to the entire Machine group all at once. I was lucky and got this method set up early on, but it is clumbersome to manage so I've been looking at going the route that JonJohnston took and use the scopes.

• thanks for the ideas guys, should find a nice way soon.

just off topic does any one know how to make logs and events stay on kaseya for longer so i can look back on a server from like 4 months ago worth of events?

• Iggy1328
    thanks for the ideas guys, should find a nice way soon.

just off topic does any one know how to make logs and events stay on kaseya for longer so i can look back on a server from like 4 months ago worth of events?

Just answered in another post...

Agent |> Machine Status > Log History you can adjust your retention schedule from there...

• yeah just saw that haha thanks mate.

• Iggy1328
    yeah just saw that haha thanks mate.

And here I though I was seeing double lol...

• narr you wern't haha..hey how long do you guys keep your logs for?

i have a feeling keeping logs for 365 days then archiving would have a heavy affect on SQL and or my KServer its self.

• We keep ours for a year then archive those logs. Last year it was about 2GB. Not a big deal for us and we do not have performance issues. So for us it works.

Legacy Posted By Username: VNET
  • oh thats good i had a feeling it would be alot more than that.
    just a question around how many machines do you collect logs from for that year worth of data?

• Iggy1328
    narr you wern't haha..hey how long do you guys keep your logs for?

i have a feeling keeping logs for 365 days then archiving would have a heavy affect on SQL and or my KServer its self.

By contract we only keep 60 or 90 days worth. Our db didn't get that big

• ah fair enough were only running a small KServer so were tempting fait with a large SQL data base.