Kaseya Community

Known problems, upcoming fixes, and new releases.

• Confused

Is there somewhere on the Kaseya website where we can see a listing of known problems and their estimated patch release dates, along with a listing of new features and their expected release dates?

For example, when can we expect to see BUDR v10?

When is the alternative to AVG supposed to be available?

It would be nice to have an area where we can go to find all of this information (aside from the forums).

Legacy Forum Name: Known problems, upcoming fixes, and new releases.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: BradR3724
  • You would think being a management company that I would update my customers on bug or upgrades to system that are happening. Likewise I would expect the same thing from my management company(kaseya). We have asked but the only update that is done on a regular schedule is KES. Everything else is reading the forums.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • I second this sentiment.

There are patches and Hotfixes that are aplied nightly and seemingly no referance as to what they are suposed to address. Ocassionally, we are able to tie new problems we have on our K2 test server directly to these. The only time we ever get any feedback is when we involve support, and that at worst could take days.

It leads me to make the assumption that the hotfix process is either highly disorganized or that the fixes are largely untested, which may not really be true. We have no available proof otherwise though.

Legacy Posted By Username: JPaceTNSC
  • This would be very helpful. ConnectWise does this very well, as they break it down by quarter. Right now all we have is the 'Kaseya 2009' PDF that promises the world from forever ago.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • I too think this is a must. Why everything is held in such secrecy, I don't understand.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • Add me to the list of people who feel this is important and would be very helpful.

Known problems and upcoming fixes -> If there are known problems - let us know about it so we can avoid the issue, or so we don’t have to spend hours troubleshooting an issue, only to later find out it is a "known" issue. Letting us know when the fix is planned to be released, and when it is actually released, would be helpful too.

Hotfixes ->in general, there are hotfixes released regularly. But what are they? and thay do they do? Would be nice to know a brief one or two sentence sumamry for each hotfix number.

New releases and roadmap -> This too would be VERY helpful, and shoudl occur on a regular basis. I am new to ConnectWise, and have been impressed with their roadmap (although less impressed with the buggy software and patches, but that's another thread somewhere else). What are the plans for the antivirus product? Will an alternate be available to AVG? is it replacing AVG or is it another additional option to chose from? When will BUDR include Acronis v10? Everyone is talking about K2. But, is there anything on the roadmap after that? Along the lines of the ConnectWise roadmap, I would like to see what is coming this quarter, next quarter, next year, etc. And have it be a real development plan, not just a pie in the sky list of ideas.

Just my two cents.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I second that notion. They must address their customers requests. Silence is NOT an option especially since I am paying good money.

Legacy Posted By Username: ITRTech
  • K also has a facility to manage notifications in K2. They can send it to the master admins inbox.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boudj
    K also has a facility to manage notifications in K2. They can send it to the master admins inbox.

+1 I second that, there's plenty of notices when maintenance is expiring.

Legacy Posted By Username: tsorensen@group1auto.com
  • Agreed. It would be a major benefit.

Legacy Posted By Username: nviner
  • i agree totally, I have asked for this from my local sales team.

Legacy Posted By Username: newcmi
  • lwolf
    Hotfixes ->in general, there are hotfixes released regularly. But what are they? and thay do they do? Would be nice to know a brief one or two sentence sumamry for each hotfix number.

It's quite easy to see what hofixes do, just write a quick script or program to parse this XML file from the web: http://vsaupdate.kaseya.net/vsaupdate/v6000000/kweb.xml

Or you can find it on your VSA: C:\Kaseya\WebPages\install\kweb.xml

Legacy Posted By Username: jviggiano
  • jviggiano
    It's quite easy to see what hofixes do, just write a quick script or program to parse this XML file from the web: http://vsaupdate.kaseya.net/vsaupdate/v6000000/kweb.xml

Or you can find it on your VSA: C:\Kaseya\WebPages\install\kweb.xml

Really? Kaseya expects us to write a script to read the XML file? Why should hundreds or thousands of user have to write a script. That is a waste of resources. Since it is "easy", they should do it one time and make it available.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • mmoore
    Really? Kaseya expects us to write a script to read the XML file? Why should hundreds or thousands of user have to write a script. That is a waste of resources. Since it is "easy", they should do it one time and make it available.

jviggiano,

Now that you mention it, I do remember that file being there. Thansk for reminding me of that.

But to be picky, it is not very readable. A nice HTML format would be great, and adding it to a webpage or the K VSA interface woudl be nice.

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf