Kaseya Community

Best way for migration to new K2 server (K5 and K2 online)

• We have the K5 and the new K2 server both online and functionable. Curious as to others results:

1. Did you add the second agent (K2) to exisiting managed machines and then remove them from K5 server;
    2. or Did you point the K5 agent to the K2 server for checkin (not sure if that even works)

Please let me know what works best as we are gonna move a few groups at a time.

Legacy Forum Name: Best way for migration to new K2 server (K5 and K2 online),
    Legacy Posted By Username: awall
  • awall
    We have the K5 and the new K2 server both online and functionable. Curious as to others results:

1. Did you add the second agent (K2) to exisiting managed machines and then remove them from K5 server;
    2. or Did you point the K5 agent to the K2 server for checkin (not sure if that even works)

Please let me know what works best as we are gonna move a few groups at a time.

The 2008 agent (K5) will show up in the K2 server. My first suggestion would be to move them over slowly... just a handful at a time.

Before doing that I would read up on the K2 migration thread, lots of good suggetions there

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty