Kaseya Community

KaseyaViews data location

• I'm having trouble locating some of the detailed information inside of KaseyaViews. I've got it connected and I've linked the tables to my frontend, but I can't locate a few of the variables that are on the default reports.

Is there a way to see where a specific report is getting its data?

Specifically, I'm trying to find the breakdown of individual RAM sticks ("Memory Devices" section of "System Info"), it's the only detail I haven't been able to hunt down. Anyone know what table/view to pull this from? I've looked at the page source, by the time it gets to html there's no hint of where the data came from.

Legacy Forum Name: KaseyaViews data location,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dwujcik
  • You can use SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) and right click on the view you want to see the data of. It's located under in databases\ksubscribers\views on your SQL server. The info you are looking for is located in table dbo.auditRsltSmbios. Which you could have found with the above steps. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ddenhoed
  • Thank you. I don't recall seeing that particular table when I linked (using Access/ODBC).

I'll take another look when I can VPN into the data center again, and expose a view of that table if it's missing.

• There we go. The table you referenced actually has data I've already imported (MAx mem, # of slots), I was looking for the breakdown on each memory module:

Memory Devices
    Size Form Factor Device Loc Bank Loc Type Detail Speed
    4096 MB FB-DIMM DIMM1 DDR2 FB-DIMM Synchronous 667 MHz
    4096 MB FB-DIMM DIMM2 DDR2 FB-DIMM Synchronous 667 MHz
    4096 MB FB-DIMM DIMM3 DDR2 FB-DIMM Synchronous 667 MHz
    4096 MB FB-DIMM DIMM4 DDR2 FB-DIMM Synchronous 667 MHz
    0 MB FB-DIMM DIMM5 DDR2 FB-DIMM Synchronous 0 MHz
    0 MB FB-DIMM DIMM6 DDR2 FB-DIMM Synchronous 0 MHz
    0 MB FB-DIMM DIMM7 DDR2 FB-DIMM Synchronous 0 MHz
    0 MB FB-DIMM DIMM8 DDR2 FB-DIMM Synchronous 0 MHz

You've put me on the right track though, and I've found what I need in the table auditRsltSimm.

Now I just have to figure out how to create and share the view in SQL 2005. Shouldn't be too different from SQL7.

k, machNameTab will reference the GUID to the machine name... Now the fun part.

• Hi All,

Im looking for a table in that to filter devices by device type, Server, Desktop, router etc. Or the table that contains the custom views at the top of the KASEYA page under system Tab so i can create a view and associated devices.

Thank you in advance,
    Dave

Legacy Posted By Username: djduryea
  • I don't know of a specific table that classifies the different devices. Kaseya does this classification on the fly when it builds the webpages and uses the value of vMachine.OSType. You can start there.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Confused Do you have routers in your Kaseya as agents???

Legacy Posted By Username: mnagra
  • However, you can create the views for the other application servers to manage them easily:

we have had done some of views that we really wanted as below:

- Symantec backup not completed last x days
    - SBS backup not complted x days
    - Machines with any of disk space lower than x %
    - Exchange, BES and application servers etc..

Legacy Posted By Username: mnagra