Kaseya Community

Few K2 Bug Fixes

• For those of you already using K2, does this line up with your experience?

http://www.mspmentor.net/2010/04/05/kaseya-2-upgrades-top-1600-customers/

This statement didn't seem to line up with what I'm hearing on the forums here:

[INDENT]"Blackie concedes that Kaseya faced a “backlog of calls” for a couple of weeks but he says the calls didn’t involve software bugs. “It’s not that the quality of our support hasn’t been good,” said Blackie. “It’s the volume of support on the same types of [educational] inquiries.” He notes that Kaseya 2 hasn’t required many bug fixes from the development team so far. Rather, it’s all about front-line education to ensure upgrades go more smoothly." [emphasis mine][/INDENT]

RCS-Michael

Legacy Forum Name: Few K2 Bug Fixes,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • [QUOTE=RCS-Michael;56799]For those of you already using K2, does this line up with your experience?

http://www.mspmentor.net/2010/04/05/kaseya-2-upgrades-top-1600-customers/

This statement didn't seem to line up with what I'm hearing on the forums here:

[INDENT]"Blackie concedes that Kaseya faced a “backlog of calls” for a couple of weeks but he says the calls didn’t involve software bugs. “It’s not that the quality of our support hasn’t been good,” said Blackie. “It’s the volume of support on the same types of [educational] inquiries.” He notes that Kaseya 2 hasn’t required many bug fixes from the development team so far. Rather, it’s all about front-line education to ensure upgrades go more smoothly." [emphasis mine][/INDENT]

RCS-Michael[/QUOTE]

Pretty much every ticket I've opened required a bug fix, and I have a bunch of other issues that I haven't opened tickets for yet. None of them required me to be "educated", although based on some of the basic questions I see all the time in this forum, or just plain wrong information posted by some people, I don't doubt that they waste a lot of their time on that sort of thing.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • It was a really good learning curve dealing with K2 and support with the upgrade to K2 and the problems. So I would say I was educated.

Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • The security tab yielded an error that KES 2.1 failed to start for 12 solid days before Kaseya support figured out what the problem was.

I would call that a bug.

Legacy Posted By Username: Scott Nally
  • If this was LiveJournal, I'd be using my Beaker (from The Muppets) icon, jaw dropped, with the text which says, "WAT."

Really. So, the daily mass o' hotfixes aren't for fixing bugs? Really?

Educational queries. Yeah, somebody was getting an education... usually the tech, being educated on where exactly my K2 rig was going to pieces today.

Argh.

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • We haven't migrated to K2 yet but will be shortly. Didn't wait on the 5.0 "upgrade" and learned our lesson. According to the article which I read previously they seem to be blaming most if not all issues on people not following the checklist and skipping steps. Most of the people with problems on these forums have been posting for a long time and seem very knowledgeable. I find it hard to believe that they all skipped steps. I just had to chuckle at some of the comments in that article.

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonp
  • good luck on the upgrade. All I can say is keep your sales rep phone number handy.

Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • I went on holidays for 3 weeks in Europe.

Came back and almost all of the outstanding problems here have been fixed!

No pain, no stress, but I did put on a couple of kilos Smile from the food in France.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology