Kaseya Community

Update agents fron 2008 to K2 - Easy

• Is there an easy way to update Agents from 2008 to K2?
    I have upgraded the Server to K2 and now have a lot of agents still on 5.1.0.1 I want to get these upgraded easily and with minimal bandwidth.

Within the Agent Tab I can select "Update Agent".... But this seems to only allow one machine upgrade per minute and the download of the update seems to take place from the Kserver (meaning our kserver gets hit with the downloads, and there goes our bandwidth)

Is there a way to script an agent update or run some sort of EXE that does the agent update process.

I did try creating a K2 package and running it on an agent. The problem with this is it installed a second instance of the agent on the endpoint. It did not simply update the agent.

Any ideas appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Update agents fron 2008 to K2 - Easy,
    Legacy Posted By Username: garry
  • I believe that is really the only to perform the update. Your KServer has the trusted connection to the agent.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • There does seem to be other ways to do this by using the KaUpdHlp.exe and KAgentSilent.exe programs. I just do not have the time to reverse-engineer the hidden procedures that complete the update.
    I was hoping someone had already some knowledge of how these two apps worked.

My concern is we have some customers who do have internet caps. When you hit the cap the ISP charges quite a substantial amount for any excess downloads.

I would hate to implement an upgrade that blows our customers cap when we should have been able to deploy a management system upgrade in an efficient manner.

Having a method to deploy applications efficiently is one of the reasons we bought kaseya in the first place.

Legacy Posted By Username: garry
  • Have you tried using the "/r" switch to trigger a reinstallation?

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave