Kaseya Community

View Filters!

• Laddies and Gentlemen,

I am trying to set-up some views in Kaseya for Symantec Backup Exec, I have managed to set-up and Server and Remote view really easily but simply looking for BeServer.exe or BeRemote.exe, this works perfectly.

Now though I want a separate view for v10, v11, v12 etc.

So I called a view Backup Exec v11, added CONTAINS: BeServer.exe and selected VERSION STRING= however I can only get this to display results if I put the FULL Version number in there, I.E. "11.0.7170.60", where as I want to see all v11's.

I have tried using = 11* \ 11.* \ 11.0* etc but no luck.

As v10 is out lowest I can do > 12 and it works perfectly however if I did this in v11 I would see v10 too, is there anyway to achieve this?

Legacy Forum Name: View Filters!,
    Legacy Posted By Username: stu_u2k
  • Oh one other question, in the same view filter if you click on "Define Filter" and then in "Computer Name" type "NOT *PC01*" it ignores PC01 as expected however I cannot for the life of me work out how to add more machines to that NOT list, I have tried the following syntax...

NOT *PC01*,*PC02*
    NOT *PC01*, *PC02*
    NOT *PC01,PC02*
    NOT *PC01, PC02*
    NOT *PC01* *PC02*
    NOT *PC01 PC02*
    NOT *PC01 * PC02*

Plus a few more similar using ; instead of ,

Then I have also tried...

NOT *PC01* OR *PC02*

etc. etc.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
  • For the view filters try using (NOT "*PC01*") AND (NOT "*PC02*") AND etc.

Legacy Posted By Username: Martijn Frickel
  • Martijn Frickel
    For the view filters try using (NOT "*PC01*") AND (NOT "*PC02*") AND etc.

OMG, Now I feel like a retard thanks Stick out tongue, all I needed was the second NOT like below...

NOT pc01 AND NOT pc02

I cannot believe with all the combinations I tried somehow I missed this one.

Kick > Self!

• glad i was able to help you with this one, and point you to the one option you didn't try Stick out tongue

Legacy Posted By Username: Martijn Frickel