Kaseya Community

Support for RAdmin

• Anyone know what the current line is on support for RAdmin in K2?

Anyone reading other posts will know that the home-grown K-VNC is unworkable across a WAN, even more so when run in Live Connect, but we've found that RAdmin works a treat. However, we understand that Kaseya and RAdmin have issues and Kaseya are looking to drop support for it.

Given what has happened with K2, that would be a seriously bad move given RAdmin is our only workable remote desktop solution in K2. Apparently we can get enough RAdmin licenses for all managed machines for about the same cost as one month of Kaseya maintenance, meaning we can drop K-VNC in favour of a decent remote access solution. Ok, it's not integrated with Live Connect, but LC is so flakey across a WAN that we're avoiding using it if possible.

The problem now though is that we can only use it for one month (trial)! The latest version of RAdmin is 3.4 and new licences are incompatible with v3, which is the only version supported in Kaseya. Any attempt to replace the obsolete v3 installer with v3.4 is being thwarted by the constant K2 patching.

Legacy Forum Name: Support for RAdmin,
    Legacy Posted By Username: regisit
  • I find KVNC and VNC are working just as fast in K2 as in my old K5 server. So no problems here with it.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • regisit
    Anyone know what the current line is on support for RAdmin in K2?

Anyone reading other posts will know that the home-grown K-VNC is unworkable across a WAN, even more so when run in Live Connect, but we've found that RAdmin works a treat. However, we understand that Kaseya and RAdmin have issues and Kaseya are looking to drop support for it.

Given what has happened with K2, that would be a seriously bad move given RAdmin is our only workable remote desktop solution in K2. Apparently we can get enough RAdmin licenses for all managed machines for about the same cost as one month of Kaseya maintenance, meaning we can drop K-VNC in favour of a decent remote access solution. Ok, it's not integrated with Live Connect, but LC is so flakey across a WAN that we're avoiding using it if possible.

The problem now though is that we can only use it for one month (trial)! The latest version of RAdmin is 3.4 and new licences are incompatible with v3, which is the only version supported in Kaseya. Any attempt to replace the obsolete v3 installer with v3.4 is being thwarted by the constant K2 patching.

What browser/version are you running. I've had no problems with IE8 and FF 3.6.3

regisit
    I find KVNC and VNC are working just as fast in K2 as in my old K5 server. So no problems here with it.

Same here

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • boudj
    I find KVNC and VNC are working just as fast in K2 as in my old K5 server. So no problems here with it.

Should that be just as slow! If you've got reasonably fast internet connections at both ends than I don't doubt K-VNC is acceptable. I've found running it in LC is unworkable at best and at worst, fails to work at all. At least running it in Remote Control, you could reduce colours to a minimum to get some semblence of workability. And yes, I know you can still do that.

Anyhow, the point of this post is not to debate whether K-VNC works or not - if you works for you across a WAN then good for you! - but to find out what's happening with RAdmin, which I can vouch works significantly faster over even relatively slow WAN connections than K-VNC does or ever did.

It's there in K2, but useless unless they distribute the latest version which can be licensed.

Legacy Posted By Username: regisit