Kaseya Community

Custom Fields in Views

• We have an enterprise client whom we are using a large number of custom fields within the system info. These fields define things like system owner, application name, vendor name backup rention policy, etc. I would like this information to carry through to the ticket. We are using Connectwise as our ticketing system. My thought was that the best way to do this is to use a view within the formating of my email alerts. When i insert either a whole view or a view with a specific field i got the following error in my email. Can anyone give me the proper tag to put in "format email" field. I am also open for other ways people have solved carrying custom info over to tickets.

[Invalid database tag (vSystemInfo) - tag not properly formatted]

Legacy Forum Name: Custom Fields in Views,
    Legacy Posted By Username: eegolf
  • To give a more create example my format email for the assign monitoring function is below. The tag that does not work is at the bottom.

Monitoring generated ALARM at on

SNMP Device:
    Monitor Set:
    Type:
    Log Object Name:
    Agent Alarm Time:
    Event Time:
    Log Value:
    Alarm Operator:
    Alarm Threshold:
    Alarm Duration:
    Ticket ID:

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
  • From what I see in the help file you would need a .something

ie
    vSystemInfo.machName

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I tried using this feature with the field specified as you mention and this also did not work. I will try another field just to make sure. Does anyone have this feature working successfully?

• from the helpfile:

Include a view.column from the database.

For example, to include the computer name of the machine generating the alert in an email, use

Legacy Posted By Username: KCBeuningen