Kaseya Community

Auto Install New Agents on PCs found by Lanwatch

• Hello All

This one may be obvious but I can't figure out an easy way to do this. Is there a way to automatically push out agents to any devices found on a particular LAN via lanwatch? I want it to be copletely hands off. New device = atempt to push agent to it. We have a lot of networks and I would like to have the agent reinstalled if a user removes it, etc.

Thanks!

Erik

Legacy Forum Name: Auto Install New Agents on PCs found by Lanwatch,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nachbahr
  • Not sure if you can do it from a LAN watch, but we include it on the logon script to install if its no already.

You can run the kcssetup.exe with switches on the logon script

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: scootrz32
  • To my knowledge you can't install software on a machine without having proper admin credentials. If you know the admin cred's of any machine connecting to your network, you should not have a problem as you can integrate the cred's with the installation package.

Legacy Posted By Username: jrahmani
  • nachbahr
    Hello All

This one may be obvious but I can't figure out an easy way to do this. Is there a way to automatically push out agents to any devices found on a particular LAN via lanwatch? I want it to be copletely hands off. New device = atempt to push agent to it. We have a lot of networks and I would like to have the agent reinstalled if a user removes it, etc.

Thanks!

Erik

The ability to do this is dependent on your environment. If you're in a peer to peer network it's not really possible to do it automatically. But if you're in an AD environment you can.

Go to the agents tab, the select "View AD Computers" then select all the computers you want to deploy on, select your deployment package then hit the "Install Agent Policy" button.

You'll have to make sure that your agent is set up properly.

I would also suggest that you script the removal of the uninstall option.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty