Kaseya Community

K2 - Security and Backup menu are missing

• We have K2 and recent server had raid failure and crashed. However this was recovered and everything is working fine except Security and Backup menu is missing.

Can some one let me know how to get that back and also guide me for updating all hotfixes and patches which are necessary after updrade.

Legacy Forum Name: K2 - Security and Backup menu are missing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rajeevsharma
  • was it a raid 1?

If it was the syncronization might have not been their and so you may have to go to the download page and reinstall. I would first verify that the database or other configuration like newly installed agents are missing as well. If more configuration is missing you may have to go to the old drive and restore the old database to get all the configurations. Just a thought.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • The software should find the corresponding data/settings in the database once you reinstall.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Did you reinstall the BUDR and KES modules? They are a separate download and install.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • We had the same problem after upgrading to K2, I reinstalled KES and BUDR modules and the security tab is there, but no backup tab. I have opened a ticket with support but no response yet.

Legacy Posted By Username: dgross
  • It didn't show by default after the K2Upgrade/Budr reinstall. I had to go and select it for the users: System>User Security>User Roles>Access Rights

Legacy Posted By Username: dgross