Kaseya Community

LiveConnect - New Tab

• I'm using K6, and I really like the Live Connect feature. Having everything in one spot is really great. However, I think having live-connect windows open up in new IE windows instead of new IE Tabs kind of defeats the purpose of having everything in one spot.

Often, I'll be connected to two or three different windows, and much like in K5, I find myself alt-tabbing between different windows to jump from machine to machine.

I'd like to note that it is possible to capture tabs in one window if you set your IE options to "Always open Pop-Ups in a new Tab". I'm currently doing this on my machine, but it's not the default in IE, and it's a little annoying when I encounter websites that I actually want a pop-up window for.

Perhaps in System --> Live Connect add the option to open LiveConnect sessions in a new tab vs. a new Window? This would make things much easier for me.

Regards-

Joshua

Legacy Forum Name: LiveConnect - New Tab,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jvanber
  • I will forward this feature request to the appropriate product team.

Thanks.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: brendan.cosgrove
  • +1
    It works in FF. Well everywhere except from the agent procedures tab which still pops out.
    Of course in FF you lose Copy/paste, Ctrl+alt+del, Resize screen making it a best of 2 not great choices.

Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • I prefer to have one browser (IE and Firefox) open at all times without popup windows everywhere.

In IE I just went to Internet Options, Tab Settings, and changed "when a pop up is encountered: Always open pop-ups in a new tab."

Not sure if that's exactly what you mean, but my Live Connect opens in Tabs instead of new windows.

Legacy Posted By Username: bmerfeld