Kaseya Community

Live Connect - Desktop Access problem

• LiveConnect.png
    Hello everyone. I'm having trouble with a single agent on our KServer. We're running K2 and as far as I know it has all of the latest hotfixes installed.

The issue is that this machine cannot be connected to using the Desktop Access feature. It can be connected to using the Remote Control page however.

In general the Live Connect page is a little wonky for this agent (runs a bit slow, the processor and memory graphs don't update properly) but nothing that can't be dealt with except for the Remote access. I've attached a screenshot of what happens when you try to connect. Essentially instead of getting a message stating

"Please wait while your remote control session is initialized" with a countdown, I get just a plain white screen.

Along with this I see several instances of this error in the application logs of the workstation about twice every second

AgentMon.exe None 0 N/A
    ERROR Date=Mon Mar 01 12:45:55 2010 Application=AgentMon.exe Version=4.0 TID=500 Content=TaskManagerServerMessageHandler::HandleSendUserList( ) EnumerateSessionsFailedException : Win32Error : WTSEnumerateSessions( ) failed with error 1702. Error Message: 'The binding handle is invalid.'

I don't see any corresponding errors or activity of any kind in the agent log.

I have uninstalled the agent and reinstalled a couple of times, verified firewall settings. I'm at a bit of a loss to explain this one.

Also we need Live Connect to work even though Remote control does because a client is trying to log in with their Portal Access and this is their only connection option.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Legacy Forum Name: Live Connect - Desktop Access problem,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cahollow
  • Question
    How do I reload the Active-X controls in KLC for a Windows managed machine?

The KLC Plug-ins are stuck at the loading screen, is there a way I can force the reloading of these plug-ins?

Answer
    A good hint that this may be needed is if there are Conflict.X (where X = 1, 2, etc...) directories in the :\Windows\Downloaded Program Files directory. These folders would look like the following:

Conflict.1, Conflict.2, etc...

:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files is a special directory that you cannot navigate to or manage with the Windows file Explorer. One needs to use a cmd prompt to do any work there.

In this directory, one is to clean the browser side system of Conflict directories + unregister and delete the potentially outdated dlls/ocxs. The following steps will resolve this:

1. Close IE
    2. Save http://download.kaseya.co.uk/klc/undo_klc.zip to the disk of the offending system and unzip it to reveal its batch file.
    3. Start a command prompt and type cd “:\windows\downloaded program files” , where = the partition that has Windows OS software installed to it.
    4. Copy this batch file to this directory and run it.
    5. If there are Conflict directories, remove each one, such as del Conflict.1\*.* , rd Conflict.1 for example.

Doing this will force a reinstallation of the components the next time KLC is started.

Applies To
    Kaseya K2 v6 VSA Software
    Core - Kaseya Live Connect (KLC)

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Unfortunately that didn't help at all. The issue is not with the components on the machines trying to remote to this workstation as all other machines are accessible.

Today I reinstalled the agent again after finding that the .net framework installations were corrupted. After fixing the .net components and reinstalling the agent I'm sttill unable to use the Desktop Access portion of Live Connect to get on this machine.

• Unfortunately that didn't help at all. The issue is not with the components on the machines trying to remote to this workstation as all other machines are accessible.

Today I reinstalled the agent again after finding that the .net framework installations were corrupted. After fixing the .net components and reinstalling the agent I'm still unable to use the Desktop Access portion of Live Connect to get on this machine.

• We figured this one out.

It turned out to be the local Terminal Services Service was disabled. Once this was enabled everything started working as it should. What clued me in was when you would open task manager on the machine the user feild was not showing. A similar error was appearing in the agent log. I googled that and found the solution.