Kaseya Community

A view for K2/6 from the real world

• Mail this morning to my MSP...

Hi [My MSP],

Can you please look or get Kaseya to look at [machine] and tell me what is happening with the K-agent? Simple task this morning, get on via remote desktop. But no!

1. Live connect comes up but RD eventually hangs the browser after about 5 mins of trying.
    2. Kill it and try again – logs me out of the system completely.
    3. Kill the main session and log in again
    4. Now it wants to reinstall Live Connect
    5. Try remote desktop, again hangs. Look at agent logs and it’s trying to reinstall K-VNC multiple times.
    6. Entry for the apply named kickvnc with an invalid run date (I can tell you where I’d like to kick it to!)
    7. Eventually tells me K-VNC is corrupt, basically go figure it out yourself!
    8. So I go and manually uninstall K-VNC and install it again
    9. Finally 30 mins later I can get on the desktop, but...
    10. It hangs again after a couple of minutes, kill the browser.
    11. Now the agent is completely offline.
    12. Look at application log – full of programming errors from the all new agent!!!

Are they trying to compete with M$ for the prize of releasing the most buggy software possible!?!

This isn’t the first time this has happened and it’s taken me 15 mins plus to get on a desktop or I’ve been kicked off half way through helping a client.

Now I think the agent has basically crashed on the client system and I can do absolutely nothing except call the client and ask them to reboot the machine – real professional!

Kaseya please note: this is what it's like in the real world using your buggy new software. I won't even mention how sloooooow K-VNC is compared to solutions from competitiors that actually took the time to develop their own efficient, remote desktop software instead of trying to save a few bucks kludging a bit of Open Source software from the early 90's.

Frustrated and angry? You bet I am!

Legacy Forum Name: A view for K2/6 from the real world,
    Legacy Posted By Username: regisit
  • i am still waiting to get my live connect to do anything. The only think it is good at doing is counting backwards and saying unable to relay. I also have a ticket with support.. Some of my customers that need it for remote connection are not too happy.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • Live Connect on Firefox 3.6 with Win 7 64-bit is basically non-functional after about 5 minutes. The Live Connect session never gets initiated and the only thing that seems to get it working is to reboot.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Believe me, I'm not belittling the difficulties you're having, but I will say this: Live Connect is the one thing about the K2 upgrade that I'm 100% happy with. (I'm not running 64-bit, but I am on Win7, running FF 3.6 and IE8.)

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • havent seen issues like that with live connect.

We've tried it all in browsers and 32/64 bit xp vista and win 7 and theres only minor issues relating mostly to agents not upgrading properly.

Ill like to see how it goes when i roll out a new agent package after i fix up the tons of procedures that have been screwed from the migration.

Legacy Posted By Username: steven.moore
  • smbtechnology
    Live Connect on Firefox 3.6 with Win 7 64-bit is basically non-functional after about 5 minutes. The Live Connect session never gets initiated and the only thing that seems to get it working is to reboot.

I've had issues with both flavors (IE and FF) 64 bit versions, I'm running the 32 bit of both now...

As for Firefox, it can be expected, I'm running a couple of addons that may be hindering Kaseya. I use FF for most of my websurfing.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Boy, after reading this, I'm tickled pink that I still run v5 and testing K2 in the lab. Now I'm even more scare to open the door to client sites with K2. Maybe my Christmas the mud will settle down and it will be safe to run K2 in production.

Whatya think?

Did a fresh install with 2008/64 & 2008sql so I did not bring years of questionable updates forward. Gives me a time to clean up things. Gotta say, in the lab, Live Connect is slick. Other than the ActiveX install problems in flakie IE8, things seem to run ok on the surface.

Thanks guys...keep me updated

Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • Dear regisit, gdoubin, smbtechnology, thirteentwenty-

Someone will be contacting you directly if they haven't already. The vast majority of our customers who have upgraded to K2 have not experienced these issues that you mention so we will be sure to work with you to resolve your troubles so that you can experience the benefits of K2 and Live Connect.

Legacy Posted By Username: brendan.cosgrove
  • 3 weeks ago I received an e-mail from the lead of the Live Connect Team.

I explained the issues we have with Live Connect using FireFox for the browser on Win7 64-bit. Open a LC sessions to an agent and it works. Close it and try to re-open the same agent and it fails to connect.

It all seemed promising for a few days and then nothing more.

I am happy to converse by phone or e-mail to try and get to the bottom of this.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Brendan please add me to the list of completely unhappy Kaseya customers. If such a list does exist and judging by the forums I believe it does. In short I have had horridly slow remote connections via the VNC and KLC connections. For the first month I was largely ignored and made to believe that my setup must be incorrect as everyone else is running fine on it. Then I was told that the system was not making a point to point connection on KLC and a patch would be updated within a week. Well that was about 2-3 weeks ago now and my system is still horribly slow. I've made it perfectly clear to our rep that I will not pay for a broken system. It is an absolute joke to still have these issues 2 months after deploying Kaseya. And not to pile on or anything but KES is a nightmare for us. Upgrading an existing 8.5 install to 9.0 NEVER EVER works. However a new machine with NO AV on it pushes down just fine. I just put a ticket in for that today. Got the standard response someone will get back with you BS. At this point i'm tired of aggrivating my rep (VERY VERY GOOD GUY) I won't mention his name so he won't get bombarded with calls. He has gone above and beyond to help with this remote control situation but it just is not happening. The last correspondence was that everything was fine on my server. However no one has ever once told me if any patch was applied when I asked about the one that was supposed to be released a few weeks ago. Nor did they say what has been done that they now feel my system is working fine. Clearly it isn't because I am still watching screens redraw on VNC and KLC. However when I tested both N-able and Labtech in my same server NOC they both performed amazing on remote desktop and functions. To say i'm disappointed would be the understatement of the century. If you'd like to keep a Kaseya client I need a resolution and before the next payment is due on the 23rd. Otherwise I'm writing you a check for the 250 agents i've paid for and i'm adios to another provider. That is 10% of the agents I signed up for.. I know it's small potatos but if enough of us do it you may fix the problems. I don't plan on going down with the titanic waiting on a product that works. Having to release updates everyday should key you guys into something. Something is fundamentally wrong here. If I provided support like this to my clients I would be out of business in 2 months.

VERY VERY DISGRUNTLED KASEYA USER.
    Patrick

Legacy Posted By Username: patrickl78