Kaseya Community

Agents Offline

• Since upgrading to K2 some agents seem to go offline.
    The only way to get them to check in again is to have the user reinstall the agent.

Has any body else had this behaviour from the new agent? Agent version is 6.0.2.0

Legacy Forum Name: Agents Offline,
    Legacy Posted By Username: custardrob
  • custardrob
    Since upgrading to K2 some agents seem to go offline.
    The only way to get them to check in again is to have the user reinstall the agent.

Has any body else had this behaviour from the new agent? Agent version is 6.0.2.0

While we're not yet at K2, I think I've heard that you have to reapply hotfixes and schema to fix this problem.

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • You will need to uninstall, reboot and reinstall the agent. We've had these issues and the only way to be sure is to reinstall. Re-apply the schema is certainly something that needs to be done after every hotfix update, IMHO. Do that before waiting on Kaseya support.

Legacy Posted By Username: jsa@emrgroup.net
  • We had a couple servers do this, they checked in briefly but during the upgrade from 5 to 6 the Kaseya service disappeared. What we've done is just go to the Agent tab, then click Create, and then click the name of the offline agent. This will give you a download link that should allow you to install version 6 of the agent and it will merge it with the old account. It's worked fine for the servers we had that were offline after the upgrade.

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • There is another thread with same problem http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/114/t/5019.aspx

They fixed a bunch of problems on some updates and it seems some agent problems as well. It's more stable but still from time to time it happens.

Some explanations are that upgrade is not as smooth as it should be. Agents fail to update properly to v6 and sometimes had instances that it didn’t update instead I had 2 agents old and new. Also make sure no scripts are running to reinstall old agents.

Legacy Posted By Username: Hasani
  • We had this happen, without fail, on every server running Blackberry Ent Server. I had to remove the agent manually, reboot the server and re-add the agent. Good times, that.

Legacy Posted By Username: support@hdtech.com
  • thats strange - it died on a BES server for us as well

Legacy Posted By Username: nviner
  • Same here. 3 BES servers all with dead agents.

Legacy Posted By Username: gabe