Kaseya Community

Connectwise vs Autotask

• we have been on Connectwise for 2 years now. I was told that Autotask has much better intergration with Kaseya.

Is this true?

How so?

Is autotask a better PSA now then CW?

Thanks,
    Jeremie

Legacy Forum Name: Connectwise vs Autotask,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ezmsp
  • ezmsp
    we have been on Connectwise for 2 years now. I was told that Autotask has much better intergration with Kaseya.

Is this true?

How so?

Is autotask a better PSA now then CW?

Thanks,
    Jeremie

You just opened up a can of worms. Smile

We switched from AutoTask's basic product to Connectwise at the end of last year, so I can't speak as to what integration is like in AutoTask's current product.

I'll give you one example of why we're happier with Connectwise. The integration of ConnectWise/Kaseya is superior with asset count integration (important to us for billing purposes).

When we ran Autotask, it would pull the total asset (computer) count for each customer, but if we removed an asset from Kaseya, we would also have to logon to Autotask and disable or remove it from there as well. It did not do this automatically and was a huge pain in the rear.

I've been more impressed with ConnectWise's functionality overall but as I said before, we ran AutoTask's most basic version. I should note that both companies offer very good support.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: topdogpc
  • We use AutoTask Pro. This was a big decision for us about a year ago when we were comparing products. I can tell you they both have their cons and pros. I ended up going with Autotask due to what I thought was awesome support staff and a management team who interacts with their customers.

At the end of the day if Autotask adds a feature, CW will run and add it on their system, and vise versa. The gap between them are pretty low but you will find bits and pieces here and there that might swade you one way or the other.

The interface with Autotask/Kaseya seems to work fine for us, we use Kaseya2AT to bring the tickets into AT and so far we are happy with it. I haven't checked what happens when you delete a agent from Kaseya if it will reflect in AT as I haven't ran into it but that might be interesting.

Currently Autotask is re-developing their interface with Kaseya since the new K2, so I'm assuming they will have enhanced features.

AT the end of the day we love our Autotask. Howerver I can't say if CW is bad since I didn't actually use it so I can't make a proper comparison. BTW, AutoTask was more expensive than CW when we were pricing so pricing was not a factor in our decision.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: chimoe