Kaseya Community

Latest Audit missing radical hardware changes (Kaseya 5.1)

• One of my test computers recently underwent a radical hardware change. Specifically, the motherboard was swapped out (bad BIOS flash). The new motherboard is completely different from the old one. Different manufacturer, different chipset. (For anyone asking how that worked without a re-install, sata controller in IDE mode wins here.)

The Latest Audit picked up the change in all the controllers and on-board equipment. That's fine.

The problem is, it somehow missed the motherboard itself being changed. Still shows the old motherboard (re-ran the latest audit just to make sure).

Has anyone else had much experience with this?

Does K2 catch this change? Computers get upgraded or repaired, and if the motherboard's model is being missed, what about the S/N? This info is the most effective way to ID a dead system that's come to the shop for servicing, and if it's out of date...

I had to re-run all of the audits (I suspect System Info is what caught it here) to capture the info. This doesn't seem to automate...

I'd like to know if anyone's had any experience in preventing this info from being missed. Should I just add the "System Info" audit to the regular scripts, or is there a better way? I can't imagine managing this on a network with thousands of computers, those will have parts being replaced somewhere on a regular basis...

I'd be interested to hear what other people are doing to manage this kind of change, and if anyone's found a way to monitor for hardware changes without running the latest audit (all the audits make a noticeable impact to the user when they run, plus the load on Kaseya and all that fun stuff).

Legacy Forum Name: Latest Audit missing radical hardware changes (Kaseya 5.1),
    Legacy Posted By Username: dwujcik
  • You are correct... The System Info audit is what would be needed to catch this type of change.

By default it is not scheduled on a regular basis. I would highly recommend scheduling this through the normal Audit scheduling or through your own script to run once a month. (You can also run it ad-hoc when you know some hardware has been replaced.)

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave