Kaseya Community

Kaseya Beginner

• Hello all,

I am extremely new to Kaseya. I started a new job this past Monday and they are trying to build out the Help Desk. We will be using Kaseya as a ticketing tool and I've looked over some things and have a few questions regarding reporting.

I want to track ticket trends with each of our clients. I want to create a report that grabs all pertinent information such as Location, Category, Status, etc. I manually created the 'Location' field but from looking at the reporting section, it seems you can only filter by pre-defined fields. I also noticed in the create/view section under ticketing, at the very top it says all tickets must be associated with a Machine ID, Group ID, Department ID, etc. I was thinking if I create the right groups, departments, that I could include this criteria into the report but can't seem to figure out how to accomplish this. Is there a different way I can do this?

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Beginner,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nrichardson
  • OK, just figured out how to run it based on Machine ID etc. I created a report and when you click run, it lets you filter by that criteria.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nrichardson
  • We found that K Ticketing just wasn't enough for us. We are an AutoTask shop. Its worth it.

Check out connectwise or autotask IMO.

Rock

Legacy Posted By Username: lgarnier
  • lgarnier
    We found that K Ticketing just wasn't enough for us. We are an AutoTask shop. Its worth it.

Check out connectwise or autotask IMO.

Rock

We're using ConnectWise, but may be migrating to something else if we can find the types of integration we're looking for... How is the AutoTask/Kaseya integration?

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • thirteentwenty
    We're using ConnectWise, but may be migrating to something else if we can find the types of integration we're looking for... How is the AutoTask/Kaseya integration?

We used Autotask/Kaseya up until last summer when we merged with a CW shop. I can say the integration between CW/Kaseya (hosted ourselves) is much better than Autotask's was. The big thing is that with hosting CW locally we can link together SQL tables directly to get whatever information we want between the two systems. We use the standard CW MSP stuff to make the initial connections and all, then just tweak extra fields we want like warranty expiration.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • We are using CW 2010 and although they havent implemented it yet (Due Q3 2010 I think) they are bringing out a 2 way integration between CW and Kaseya.

Until then, we are not using Kaseya for ticketing (though we are currently looking at the new Service Desk).

We had Auto task for about 5 weeks and it caused too much work for us. Then we tried to get our money refunded under their guarantee and they refused, charged us an extra $100 (for what we dont know) and then passed it on to collections (For $100!) when we refused to pay (it is still in dispute after 2 years) so be very wary of Autotask.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Shehan