Kaseya Community

Disabling Automatic Updates

• I can't remember how to do this. I've got it disabled under patch mngmnt but my users can still choose to install updates if they wish.

I can't remember if theres a script to disable it or I can do it by blocking the application?

I just want auto update to be disabled so only my patch policy can be used.

Cheers

Legacy Forum Name: Disabling Automatic Updates,
    Legacy Posted By Username: support@softsource.co.nz
  • Are the users in question members of a domain?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cameronpratto
  • Some yes, some no.

I saw this demonstrated to me the other day and just looking for a nice easy fix which will server domain and workgroup users.

• Patch management > Automatic updates.... I just migrated to K2 so I cant give the exacts on either... but thats the gist of it...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Yup i've done that no worries, the whole Patch Mngmnt/Disable thing.

But my users can still download auto updates if they choose to. For example i've got service packs and other things disabled in my patch policy, if one of my users then decides they want to download that himself and apply patches I havn't approved they can. And if it breaks........ im the one who has to go out there and fix it.

I was just at Kaseya boot camp and saw how this was done. Thought someone on here might know but all good if not.

Maybe he was application blocking it, can't quite remember, was alot of information to remember Smile

• I don't think patch management is good enough to do what you are trying to do. Even when you disable Automatic Updates in windows you can still download and install updates. You could run a script to change the host files to route the update site to localhost or smth so that users don't go to MS website. But then you would need a local source for updates. In a domain it's even easier to achieve through group policy and yeah application restriction etc.

Legacy Posted By Username: Hasani
  • For you domain users - Create a group policy to turn WU off

For your non domain users - find the reg hack and apply that

If you need further help LMK

Rock

Legacy Posted By Username: lgarnier