Kaseya Community

Off 2003 administrative install: How to apply Compatibility Pack and its SP1

• I slipstreamed Office 2003 and SP3 to an administrative installation (in VSASharedFolders) which I can then copy down to machines via a script and install Office unattended.

I'd like to find a way to patch the admin install to include the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack and the subsequent SP1 that was released. But I'm not sure how to do this?

I have a separate script that I currently use just to push out the Compatibility Pack and its SP1 as follows:

Script Name: Install - Office Compatibility Pack for 2007 File
    Script Description: This installs both the FileFormatConverters.exe patch as well as the subsequent Office Compatibility Pack SP1

IF Test Registry Key
    Parameter 1 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\MOC
    Absent :
    THEN
    Write Directory
    Parameter 1 : C:\Temp\OCP
    Parameter 2 : VSASharedFiles\Office Compatibility Pack
    OS Type : 0
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : %windir%\system32\msiexec.exe
    Parameter 2 : /i "C:\Temp\OCP\O12Conv.msi" patch="C:\Temp\OCP\SP1\Convsp1.msp" /log C:\Temp\OCPack.log /qb
    Parameter 3 : 3
    OS Type : 0
    ELSE

O12Conv.msi - from FileFormatConverters.exe
    ConvSP1.msp - from the Compatibility Pack SP1

Is there some way to use MSIEXEC to patch the admin install? That way I would not need to run this script after Office 2003 is pushed via my script...

TIA,
    -Mike

Legacy Forum Name: Off 2003 administrative install: How to apply Compatibility Pack and its SP1,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • Run

msiexec /a O12Conv.msi /p ConvSP1.msp

This will slipstream Compatibility Pack with its SP1

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Netlink
  • Thanks Netlink! Can it be taken one step further? I'd like to slipstream both these patches into the administrative install of Office 2003... Or, is that what your command line does?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel