Kaseya Community

Migrate Kaseya server

• I've read the article on how to migrate Kaseya to a new server. I have one question: Does the sql version need to be the same. For instance, I currently run sql 2000. I would like to install sql 2005/2008 on the new server. Can I simply follow the article or do I need to upgrade sql on the original server first? Thanks.

Legacy Forum Name: Migrate Kaseya server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GPotvin
  • You can restore the SQL2000 database to the new server with SQL2005/2008. Just be very careful to ensuer the collation sequence used on SQL2000 is used when you install the new SQL instance, otherwise you have to uninstall/reinstall SQL again.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Thanks. How do I determine which collation sequence is in use on the SQL 2000 instance?

• For SQL 2000, you would need to use Enterprise Manager to view the properties for the server.

For SQL 2005 use SQL Server Management Studio (or Express) and do the same thing. It should be on the general properties page.

The Collation Sequence must be an exact match or the migration to the new SQL server will fail. I'm speaking from experience when I went from SQL2000 Express to SQL2005 in my early Kaseya days.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Thank you. I'll give it a try!