Kaseya Community

Time Zone troubles

• I'm still having issues with computers being in different time zones. It appears that if patching is set to 23:00 (server time), and you are 3 time zones away, you're getting patched at 20:00 (local time)... We just had one very unhappy guy who lost work because his computer rebooted 3 hours to0 early.

Legacy Forum Name: Time Zone troubles,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • Just to back up my claim

The computer in question is scheduled to be patched at 12:42 AM
    The server is in the EST timezone
    The computer is in the PST timezone

According to the logs, patching started at 12:43:43AM with the following entries:
    $ver$cred0$y800n260.alis-corporation.pcs 12:43:43 am 12-Feb-10
    $ver$cred1$y800n260.alis-corporation.pcs 12:43:50 am 12-Feb-10
    $get$ptc0$y800n260.alis-corporation.pcs 12:46:20 am 12-Feb-10
    $inst$ptc0$y800n260.alis-corporation.pcs 12:51:20 am 12-Feb-10
    Warn Reboot 12:51:25 am 12-Feb-10
    Patch Reboot 1:06:31 am 12-Feb-10

Since the logs are on the server, I would assume that they are showing in EST, and it also matches up well with the customer claiming his computer was restarted around that time (a little after 22:00 PST).

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
  • Everything is scheduled on server time as that is how kaseya works. The agents check in and "ask" the server "do you have anything for me" . This is a light check in. The server checks it schedule and if it has something it says "yes" and then the agent does a full check in to be able to download the information.

So you need to take that into account with scheduling in different time zones.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Shehan
  • Mark Shehan
    Everything is scheduled on server time as that is how kaseya works. The agents check in and "ask" the server "do you have anything for me" . This is a light check in. The server checks it schedule and if it has something it says "yes" and then the agent does a full check in to be able to download the information.

So you need to take that into account with scheduling in different time zones.

This contradicts what I was told by Kaseya support before. I was told "scripts are run based on client times", meaning if I scheduled something to run at 11:30 PM, it would run at 11:30 PM based on the computers local time... I really cannot chase down what timezone all of my 600 computers are, that's not realistic...

• Lmhansen
    This contradicts what I was told by Kaseya support before. I was told "scripts are run based on client times", meaning if I scheduled something to run at 11:30 PM, it would run at 11:30 PM based on the computers local time... I really cannot chase down what timezone all of my 600 computers are, that's not realistic...

If that was the case then a script would run if the client could not talk back to the k server. You can test this on a pc. Schedule a script for tonight (say reboot) then once the agent has checked in again (do a remote control or something), then unplug it from the network. I bet it wont run.

Which means it is queued up on the server, and then has to run in server time.

I havent tried it but we must be able to organize a view or something by time zones.

the other alternative is (I know it is a pain to change your current ones) to create time zone groups for your agents and then put each new company into a time zone. So you could have agent1.company1.root.pst (under K2)

• Ok I checked the view in K2

Under view definitions and then Advanced agent data filter at the bottom, click Define Filter and there is a Time Zone in there.

That way you can create the views for time zone and your clients will automatically go in the correct one.