Kaseya Community

Live Connect now working in Firefox

• With a new java based VNC remote control to boot that works!

Only downside is that the KLC components on the agent have to be re-downloaded which takes 60-90 seconds per agent and can't be pre-loaded.

Legacy Forum Name: Live Connect now working in Firefox,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Hi David,

I saw a comment you made about the performance of the UI in K2 being slow.

How are you finding K2 overall?

I beta tested K2 and the UI was terrible I thought - we are waiting to move to the full version although before we move we are splitting our K server to DB and Web server.

Just curious of your experiences - any querks / strange things happening.

How do your engineers find it.

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • ANyone tried this on Safari from a Mac yet to see if it works?

Legacy Posted By Username: TBK Consulting
  • The live-connect doesn't work under Firefox 3.6 Sad
    so I'm hoping it is updated soon...

Legacy Posted By Username: benhamilton
  • Add-ins in FireFox tend to be more sensitive to version changes.

Kaseya states that they only support FireFox 3.5.x currently. It could be quite a challenge for them given the rapid pace at which Firefox updates come out.

You can still download 3.5.7 and run that.

• And if you get a big nasty IIS error just reload all hotfixes.
    Your page will show as Eval edition again. I suppose I will reapply my licesense and hope I can see MSP Super edition or whatever I got a taste of for a day.

I did notice that the first PC I connected to after figureing out I needed to reload patches to get any live connect... That it was MUCH faster to connect. It scared me the page jumped up so fast. Now it could be a fluke..

Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • mmartin
    Hi David,

I saw a comment you made about the performance of the UI in K2 being slow.

How are you finding K2 overall?

I beta tested K2 and the UI was terrible I thought - we are waiting to move to the full version although before we move we are splitting our K server to DB and Web server.

Just curious of your experiences - any querks / strange things happening.

How do your engineers find it.

Michael

Without descending into anymore derision of K2, I offer this:

Firefox is your friend.....Using K2 with IE will be an exercise in frustration.

Sure the UI can use some improvement. I doubt a move back to ASP is going to please anyone.

Kaseya have now made Firefox 3.5 usable for everyday use including remote control via a VNC java client in Live Connect. Now if they can implement the Java VNC for the remote control tab it would really be helpful. No need to start IE with it's crappy rendering of Ajax, hardly Kaseya's fault.

Kaseya appear to be trying very hard to squash bugs with K2. Hotfixes for K2 started at level 6501 and as of now they are up to 6740, with most of those coming in the last two weeks.

My approach is to annoy the heck out support with tickets on all issues I find. Smile

• The new live connect is NOT working for Vista or Windows 7 agents. Awaiting feedback from support.

• All Live Connect features are working fine for us in firefox 3.6

Legacy Posted By Username: ETG
  • Have you tried it with Vista and Win 7 agents?

• It works sometimes then other times we get an error in the thumbnail preview:
    The agent is slow to respond, it maybe overloaded or the connection to the server could be slow.

The machine is not even being used yet. They have a t-1 at their site. So I am really confused!

Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • It will work on an agent and then 10 minutes later you go back and see "pending agent operations". I check the procedure log and the KLC dll scripts have run, but no live connect.