Kaseya Community

Where Is K2?

• Looks like things are starting to move... Here's the published link to the v6.0.0.0 Release Notes: http://help.kaseya.com/WebHelp/ReleaseNotes.htm

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Yeah they are starting to move but still no dice. I have never disagreed with holding a release to fine tune it. I'd rather recieve a good product late than a bad product on time. However, we have been told the product is ready via a Kaseya newsletter, yet no delivery, or even announcement of delivery date. Plus, it's a "rolling" upgrade, once more. Some of us may get the upgrade this month, others not for a few months. Who knows? Not us. That's the issue.

"To make sure your upgrade is as seamless as possible, we will have a “rolling” upgrade process. Your system will notify you when the upgrade is ready. The notification will look something like this:"

Am I misreading this?

I think I'm going to go ahead and write all my regostry fixes for the Windows 7 agent installations. I was hoping to hold off until K2 since Kaseya doesn't support a Windows 7 agent in v5, but it could months. Does anyone have a list of items broken in the Windows 7 agent installation? I have found several things so far, like VNC Server icon showing, Windows Security notifications become displayed, etc

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • Kaseya 2 Upgrade Information:

http://community.kaseya.com/api/forums.ashx/forums/132/threads/984/posts/3828

Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya
  • Where are the documents that are discussed in the video? It sounds like the system requirements have changed from Kaseya 2008 to K2 and it would be nice to see the requirements.

kaseya

Legacy Posted By Username: Chris T
  • yet more information as to K2 is almost here!!!!

This pertains to an upgrade, what about doing side by side installations??

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • Dated from Kaseya 8 Jan 2010

250 Agents

• Single Processor (Xeon 2.4ghz Dual Core, 1066mhz FSB, 4MB Cache)
    • 4GB RAM
    • 2 x 73 GB 7200rpm SATA (Hardware RAID1)
    • Windows Server 2003 or 2008 Standard 32-bit
    • SQL Server 2005 or 2008 Standard 32-bit
    • 1 GBPS NIC
    • 1 mbps DSL or T1

500 Agents

• Single Processor (Xeon 2.4ghz Dual Core, 1066mhz FSB, 4MB Cache)
    • 6 GB RAM
    • 2 x 73 GB 10K SAS (Hardware RAID1)
    • Windows Server 2003 or 2008 64-bit
    • SQL Server 2005/2008 Standard 32-bit (with AWE enabled or 64 bit)
    • 1 GBPS NIC
    • 1 mbps DSL or T1
    1000 Agents

• Single Processor (Xeon 3ghz Dual Core, 1066mhz FSB, 4MB Cache)
    • 8GB RAM
    • 3 x 73 GB 10K RPM SAS (Hardware RAID5)
    • Windows Server 2003 or 2008 Standard 64-bit
    • SQL Server 2005/2008 Standard 32-bit (with AWE enabled or 64 bit)
    • 1 GBPS NIC
    • 1 mbps DSL or T1
    2500 Agents

• Dual Processor (Xeon 3ghz Dual Core, 1066mhz FSB, 4MB Cache)
    • 10GB RAM
    • Database RAID: 3 x 73 GB 10K rpm SAS (Hardware RAID5) - I'd recommend 4 drives to get any performance out RAID5
    • TempDB/OS RAID: 2 x 73GB
    • Windows Server 2003 or 2008 Standard 64-bit
    • SQL Server 2005/2008 Standard 32-bit 64 Bit
    • 1 GBPS NIC
    • 1 mbps DSL or T1

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • smbtechnology
    During the controlled release program, you had to get assigned a new K2 enabled license key issued, without it, the upgrade would terminate saying your license was not valid for K2. Maybe that is going to be their throttling mechanisim to manage the support workload in case the download URL leaks out.

We were advised on Tuesday to upgrade to Kaseya 2 and given a link to the upgrade document. First, the link to download the Web Update file was wrong. Then we were getting that error. We fiddled about with re-installing the license, etc but nothing would work. We gave up and were told by support when we asked that we weren't actually eligible for the upgrade yet. What a waste of time.

Legacy Posted By Username: alanuhe
  • alanuhe
    We were advised on Tuesday to upgrade to Kaseya 2 and given a link to the upgrade document. First, the link to download the Web Update file was wrong. Then we were getting that error. We fiddled about with re-installing the license, etc but nothing would work. We gave up and were told by support when we asked that we weren't actually eligible for the upgrade yet. What a waste of time.

If they jerked me around like that in such a way that caused loss of service for my clients, there would be a summons in their future.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • boostmr2
    Kaseya's recent email stated the release of K2 would also be a "rollout" of sorts, and you'll know you have it when you log into your server and it prompts you for the upgrade. I opened a ticket with Kaseya support to have 2 questions answered:

1. Is there a way to STOP the upgrade? I want to do a seperate standalone install on a new server (actually a cloud services virtual I will be leasing) and migrate my agents over after I have tested my configs, groups, scripts, etc.

2. If this is a rollout release, which we don't know when we'll receieve the "upgrade", then where do i get the standalone version to install on my new server?

The response from support was a reference to the new VSA installation and migration document, which is for version 5. Anyone have some insight on this? I tried calling support again, however the phones are swamped this morning, understandably.

1. You have full control over the installation of the upgrade. The upgrade installer will be automatically detected and downloaded to your KServer, but you decided when to run it.

2. Running a separate standalone/test K2 system in parallel with your existing production system is a good practice. Once you recieve notification that the upgrade is available, you can download the new installer from the Kaseya web site. Use your existing license key when running the new installer to stand-up your test system. (Note: The K2 installer is not posted to the web sites as of today, but it will be by the time you recieve the upgrade notice).

Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya2
  • I would have to agree with everyone’s frustration in this post. If we as Managed Service Providers provided “Kaseya Type” customer service we would be out of business. I feel as if I’ve partnered with someone in a dark room, stumbling to find my way, and my “partner” is holding the flash light.
    The support we receive from Kaseya is 2 out of 5 stars at best. They have dangled the Kaseya 2, 6 carrot out in front of us far too long. When I asked support about the hold-ups he blamed us - the customer. Apparently Kaseya does not have the resources to trial, debug, and test their software. They expect us to do it for them and continue to pay their ridiculous support fee. We are looking to make a switch.

Legacy Posted By Username: champnt
  • At least Kaseya isn't Blizzard. Starcraft 2 anyone?

There's one main reason I am upset about not having K2 yet. WINDOWS 7. Our customers have been buying Windows 7 machines by the load. There are several problems with the v5.1.0.0 agent running on Windows 7, and Kaseya doesn't support it. There is documentation specifying Kaseya has no intent on updating the v5 agent to be compatable with Windows 7. This is probably because v6 (K2) was supposed to be out by the Windows 7 release date.

Kaseya, let us know how it is going. As IT professionals we have to plan and meet expectations. We can't do this the way things are going, and it's costing us. I'd be happy using v5 if it weren't for the Windows 7 incompatability.

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • IMO Kaseya is generally a poor communicator, so don't expect anybody from Kaseya to read your suggestions in this forum Sad They seem to be slow in updating their portal and blog, nor do they send much info in the way of emails (other than the K2/6 teasers).

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • champnt
    The support we receive from Kaseya is 2 out of 5 stars at best.

Agreed their support is just downright awful.

Legacy Posted By Username: ebieber@engineered-solutions.com
  • K support was improving a good bit for me a while back. But I think all their energy and resources have been focused on K2 for many months now, leaving them unable to provide timely support. I hope that once the K2 dust settles that they get back on their effort to improve support. Especially now that they'll have their new Service Desk to use - which supposedly will stop all the tickets that go dormant. Supposedly Service Desk has a much more sophisticated alerting capability that should alert managers when assignees fall asleep Smile Or maybe it will give them reports showing that they need more support staff?

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • The last 3 times I’ve tried to phone Kaseya support I'm on hold for around 20 minutes and then I get hung up on.

Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett