Kaseya Community

Where Is K2?

• Can anyone give an update as to where this is up to please? I know it is controlled release and has been for some time.

Legacy Forum Name: Where Is K2?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/132/t/983.aspx

No word on GA, but that should be soon.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • HA, i was a lead to believe that GA was happening on the 25th Jan from my account manager last week when i was pressured into extending licenses because the 24th was the last day as all the press releases had been prepared for the 25th...

how stupid do i feel now...Mad

Legacy Posted By Username: igenmediacorp
  • Sometimes it feels lonely being a Kaseya customer. Looks like Feb. 2nd is the date we are looking for. Glad Kaseya can keep their customers updated of the K2 release date through Joe's blog here instead of...you know...the official Kaseya blog.

http://www.mspmentor.net/2010/01/22/seven-managed-services-blog-entries-we-didnt-write-jan-22/

[quote=Guy with apparently a direct line to Kaseya PR]
    3. Wait Another Week: Kaseya has pushed back the launch of its Kaseya 2 platform by about a week. Watch for news around February 2. The Kaseya effort includes a single framework for both on-premise and SaaS-based business models. Kaseya Executive VP Jim Alves explained the strategy in mid-January to MSPmentor.
    [/quote]

http://www.mspmentor.net/2010/01/22/msp-software-the-new-competitive-landscape/

[quote=Not a Kaseya Customer on a blog]
    Fast forward to the present, and Kaseya around February 2 (a one-week delay from our previous report) expects to launch Kaseya 2, a SaaS and on-premise platform that will include some PSA functions.
    [/quote]

Roll Eyes

Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • Hi all

Just wanted to add our frustration on Kaseyas lack of customer collaboration and information.

Anyone else use Autotask in addition to Kaseya?

Autotask has new releases and/or maintenance releases every month. They have an updated release-plan and they inform about schedule-changes.
    They have a large community where senior staff actively participates.
    They listen to their customers and continuously add functions or change their product based on customer feedback.

Autotask is not a Kasyea-competitor so it should be no problem telling you about this AS AN EXAMPLE of a company who has understood the importance of CUSTOMER RELATIONS.

I´m sorry to say that, even though we are one of the (if not _the_) largest Kaseya-customers in Norway we have been thinking about looking for other products to fulfill our needs.

As for the Kaseya Core product i could not find a major release announcement since SP1, and that was September 2008!!

We´re paying A LOT for this product, and if we´re not about to see some big improvements regarding information, more rapid updates and more focus on customer relations after the release of K2 then we will be throwing our money after someone else next year.

Sorry for being negative, but enough is enough.

I think i´ll send this directly to Kaseya by mail also, since I don´t expect any of them to read anything written in this forum.

Stian Stroemseth
    CKB fjerndrift AS, Norway

Legacy Posted By Username: ckb
  • You don't want K2 yet.
    I wanted it so bad. Expectations so high.
    Crashed Kaseya during the upgrade. Since they fixed that I haven't heard from support.
    Agent Procedures(scripts) don't work.
    Remote Connections are even WORSE than they were before.
    Live Connect looks like a really awesome tool.
    However it has worked on maybe 40% of the PC's I have tested on.
    Basically K2 is worthless and is hurting my business MUCH MORE than the $40k in software is helping it.
    I'm really reconsidering the 100 new licenses that are in process of being ordered.
    Spiceworks is free. I think you should get what you pay for And I have nothing but crap.

Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • I completely disagree with JointTech's above statement.

I've been running K2 for about 2 - 3 months now and it's worked great save for a couple snafus that were fixed quickly by support.

Agent Procedures have -always- worked for us. No problem there. Remote connections are about the same (We've always been on a LAN, so no problem there.) Technically it should be faster because it doesn't use the KServer as a middle man any more. It's fully peer to peer traffic.

Live Connect has been tested an working on every one of my 300 machines in my company without fail.

My only complaint has been the slow UI when using Internet Explorer. This is understandable however when you understand how the new UI is crafted and the fact that IE sucks when rendering JavaScript/AJAX

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • JointTech
    You don't want K2 yet.
    I wanted it so bad. Expectations so high.
    Crashed Kaseya during the upgrade. Since they fixed that I haven't heard from support.
    Agent Procedures(scripts) don't work.
    Remote Connections are even WORSE than they were before.
    Live Connect looks like a really awesome tool.
    However it has worked on maybe 40% of the PC's I have tested on.
    Basically K2 is worthless and is hurting my business MUCH MORE than the $40k in software is helping it.
    I'm really reconsidering the 100 new licenses that are in process of being ordered.
    Spiceworks is free. I think you should get what you pay for And I have nothing but crap.

What hardware are you running your K2 server on? How many agents do you have?

• im with Stian on this one, autotask is the type of company that makes you feel warm and fuzzy because they actually care and are very transparent, not to mention always improving their product based on community feedback.

Kaseya only show us love when we say that we need more licenses and they will tell you anything to get you across the line but as soon as that paper is signed, you never hear from them again. Its like a bad one night stand.

Legacy Posted By Username: igenmediacorp
  • I think communications still have a long way to go.

It has been a long time between major updates, K2 is a step in the right direction, but a lot of the UI remains the same with new icons for agent status. The mixture of the old and new UI elements is not what I had expected to see.

While I was running K2 before rolling back to 5.1, I observered hit or miss with Live Connect. I've got 250 agents running on a Xeon Quad Core w/4GB of ram and mirrored SAS drives, right on the money as far as recommended hardware. Overall performance was sluggish in the parts that employ the new UI and I was running it with FireFox 3.5. I must caution that the configuration was obviously not in full health as I saw the same issue not being able to edit/manage scripts. That could account for some performance degredation.

While I don't expect instant response from support, waiting 3 days before a ticket reporting an issue that severely limits the ability to use the product, to be opened is not meeting expectations. With no inbound telephone support provided any longer and overall poor communications, one cannot be faulted for feeling frustrated.

The clouds on the horizon look very similar to those seen on the arrival of Kaseya V5/2008.

As to the individual experiences with various Kaseya Sales reps around the world, that is always going to vary considerably as to the taste that gets left in your mouth.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • I would agree with that statement in general. over the past twelve months we have seen an improvement in communications but there is still a long way to go to meet that of Autotask and Connectwise etc.

• Also the last Support Progress Report was in September 09. Where are they now??

• Let me preface this by saying I do like a lot of the functionality of K2 for almost all other functions but the issues I have below are way too serious to continue down a path that isnt leading to a much better product.

I am running K2 on some very very good hardware. The server specs are well above what is recommended and running Windows 2008 x64 and SQL 2008 x64.

LiveConnect seems like a nice tool but it seems to have come at a high cost. My remote control of regular agents and LiveConnect remote control is vastly slower than the prior version of K. I'm not sure if this will be improved in GA but if this what is going to be the final product the GA release will be a disaster. My critical issues were addressed within days (not hours) and not only till I threatened to leave (still considering this) did I receive support. If we provided support to our clients this way we would be out of business in a heartbeat. I am in the process of moving our company to more of an MSP from a standard break fix company but this downtime and time lost working on K issues is beyond frustrating.

As for now i'm going to stick it out and see what happens but I promise if they make this product GA now it would be a disaster. I think there are still way too many problems and that is indicative of the poor support response everyone is experiencing. So if you think it's tough getting support now the waits I assure you will be vastly longer. If this happens and I have serious problems with no support I am DONE.

As for now my tech's will NOT use the remote control through K. It is so much slower than LogMein it isnt funny. So currently I pay logmein and Kaseya when our sales rep promised us on the purchase over a year ago that a Logmein type remote control was coming 3rd Q last year. This was one of the reasons we purchased K in hopes that the remote control would be improved. As it stood our decision was between N-Able and Kaseya. At the time N-Able's remote control was better and I believe it to still be better to this day.

I really hope that their communication with us will significantly improve. I know i'm small potatos for K but I assure you if I feel this way there are quite a few others who feel the same way.

Legacy Posted By Username: patrickl78
  • The LiveConnect slowness worries me as I was promised by two sales people from Kaseya that the new remote control would be on par with LogMeIn..... I am with you in the hopes that the full release is sped up since the Kaseya portal site is very slow compared to the current Kaseya portal or even ConnectWise's customer portal.

I can't wait to get the GA release and install it on a test server to see the new features though. Though from everything that has been said in the forums on K2 it will be a while before I upgrade my production server since it sounds like K2 still needs some major tweaking. I will personally be waiting a month or two or even more to upgrade my production Kaseya server to give Kaseya time to work out the major bugs and slowness of K2. Since even with the general release, the earlier adopters are most likely going to end up "beta" testing it for Kaseya given the major changes to the front end and other features, so if you can't afford to be down then do not upgrade to K2 until you have tested it thoroughly.

One last piece of advice that has served me well for the 15+ years I have been doing IT type work is do not sign up for Controlled Release Programs/be the first adopters of a new version of the software unless you will be running the release on a test server at first since as some of the other posters in the other topics has posted, they have had major problems with K2. One good example of when being an earlier adopter is a very bad thing, was the public folder support in Exchange 2007 before service pack 1.....

patrickl78

I am running K2 on some very very good hardware. The server specs are well above what is recommended and running Windows 2008 x64 and SQL 2008 x64.

LiveConnect seems like a nice tool but it seems to have come at a high cost. My remote control of regular agents and LiveConnect remote control is vastly slower than the prior version of K.

Legacy Posted By Username: Chris T
  • I hate to read these comments....... Our company is moving to K2 as soon as K2 support provides the new software.

In regards to the slowness of Live Connect are you sure your remote sites have the bandwidth to support the remote control session? I know in K2 Remote access has changed and no longer goes through the Kserver but it is a direct connection from your machine to the end user you are trying to support. A lot of small to medium sized businesses we support are still rolling with DSL at 3MB and if any of the end users are streaming music or what have you they lose bandwidth quick and our remote sessions with them via vnc or logmein are slowwwwwwww.

I would like to see some of the Firewall logs from both ends and see if maybe a security service or software AV is the guilty party. Also throw a packet sniffer on the network and see what it comes up with.

We have used the Live connect in the beta versions of K2 and it worked really well. Of course most of the Live Connect sessions were from our internal network.

Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN