Kaseya Community

VNC Issues- No Ctrl/Alt/Del

• Weird issue just started happening on a couple of machines. When we remote in using WinVNC (if select KVNC it still launches WinVNC) we are unable to send Ctrl/Alt/Del to the machine.
    The VNC session is not locked up as I can move the mouse and even drag the console is locked message. But try as we might, cannot send Ctrl/Alt/Del by right clicking or pressing F8. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled WinVNC and KVNC with no luck.

Has anyone else seen this recently? Has anyone found a workaround? I spent about an hour before getting irritated and posting this. Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: VNC Issues- No Ctrl/Alt/Del,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JonJohnston
  • Can you right-click the title bar and select CTL-ALT-DEL?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rbjsea
  • Can click it, but nothing happens. Server has been rebooted. Can RDP to this server from another server with no issues.

• I had the same problem but it was only with win 7 and 2008 r2 machines. I put a ticket in and was told that these operating systems were not supported.

Legacy Posted By Username: michaelgooch
  • michaelgooch
    I had the same problem but it was only with win 7 and 2008 r2 machines. I put a ticket in and was told that these operating systems were not supported.

We haven't had an issue with either of the above OS yet. Server having trouble with now are W2k3 Standard. VNC has worked for months, and just recently quit. We checked and cannot find anything that has changed that could affect this.

Oh well, not a huge issue as we can access the server. Just sort of irriatating. Thanks for the comments though