Kaseya Community

Kaseya 6 Users

• Thanks for the answer Charles.
    Sorry, didn't notice your earlier reply.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mikecosentino
  • And an update: The XPI file shipped with Kaseya 6 contains a list of 10 or so DLL files to get Live Connect to work. At this time, no, Live Connect is not usable from anything other than a Windows Platform.

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • Does anyone know the correct Agent version for K2? 5.9.6.0 or 5.9.6.2? We are having agents go offline randomly although the Kaseya Agent service is still started. The only solution we found was to reboot the system and in some cases uninstall -> reboot -> reinstall agent.

Legacy Posted By Username: jsa@emrgroup.net
  • I'm not sure if this has been asked... though I did do a search and in my meanderings I didn't see an answer...

Is K6 cluster aware?

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • 5.9.2.0 is the current agent version as reported by Agent > Update Agents in my VSA

As for Cluster aware, I don't know as I'm not running a SQL Cluster

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • Is anyone else having problems installing the Agent updates from version 5?

I'm clicking update in the update agents tab, and only about 2 out of 10 actually update. The rest the script just seems to schedule but not run.

Are the agents pushed out via the "file source" location in Patch Management? If not, maybe the agents are taking too long to Dload from our server?

EDIT: They finally installed overnight

Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom
  • We can't access Live Connect on most of our client computers.

When we click in, it goes to the Live Connect page, and then says:

The agent is slow to respond. It may be overloaded or its connection to the server may be slow.

Has anyone else expereinced this?

• Over all Im pretty happy with the K2 or version 6 upgrade. FYI it looks like they are going to call it K2, maybe because its based upon web 2.0?

Although scheduling is much improved, I still wish we could have several schedules on each procedure.

Legacy Posted By Username: mwolter
  • Hi Gavin,

We had this problem until we put the in fully qualified domain name of our K server in:

System -> Server Management -> Configure | Change external name or IP address of Server.

We had our public IP in there, which is fine for our endpoints, but not for us because the system sits on another part of our network.

Put in the fully qualified domain name of the k server and then make sure your local DNS within your network can resolve it. That did it for us.

-Jeff
    EMR Group, Inc.

Interprom
    We can't access Live Connect on most of our client computers.

When we click in, it goes to the Live Connect page, and then says:

The agent is slow to respond. It may be overloaded or its connection to the server may be slow.

Has anyone else expereinced this?

Legacy Posted By Username: jsa@emrgroup.net
  • Better! but pretty much NOTHING is working consistently in our environment. We've been without Kaseya for a full WEEK now, and our clients are getting VERY angry :-(

Gavin

jsa@emrgroup.net
    Hi Gavin,

We had this problem until we put the in fully qualified domain name of our K server in:

System -> Server Management -> Configure | Change external name or IP address of Server.

We had our public IP in there, which is fine for our endpoints, but not for us because the system sits on another part of our network.

Put in the fully qualified domain name of the k server and then make sure your local DNS within your network can resolve it. That did it for us.

-Jeff
    EMR Group, Inc.

• Australia had a webinar demo of K2 a couple of weeks ago. It looked good and I thought that maybe I should ask to get the RC. The holiday break here would be a good time to get acquainted, but I still see there are a few issues being reported.

I'll wait until GA as I don't want to put my reputation at risk with non-production ready software.

Sorry to hear it's been a week and no resolution. Can you go back to V5.1?

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Interprom
    Better! but pretty much NOTHING is working consistently in our environment. We've been without Kaseya for a full WEEK now, and our clients are getting VERY angry :-(

Gavin

Why did you not roll back to 5.1? Did you not run the systems side by side?

Nathan

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • Can't go back to 5.1, and didn't hear squat from Kaseya support all day. I am fuming mad - but not as angry as MY customers are!

Looking at LPI, and N-Able this week.

smbtechnology
    Australia had a webinar demo of K2 a couple of weeks ago. It looked good and I thought that maybe I should ask to get the RC. The holiday break here would be a good time to get acquainted, but I still see there are a few issues being reported.

I'll wait until GA as I don't want to put my reputation at risk with non-production ready software.

Sorry to hear it's been a week and no resolution. Can you go back to V5.1?

• Interprom
    Can't go back to 5.1, and didn't hear squat from Kaseya support all day. I am fuming mad - but not as angry as MY customers are!

Looking at LPI, and N-Able this week.

Why can you not go back to 5.1??

What version are you running? Did you do any testing before rolling it out, and decommissioning/upgrading your 5.1 server?

Why are your customers angry with Kaseya?

Nathan

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • It's working!!

I was using our Sonicwall router - which has worked for us with kaseya 5.1 for 2 years with NO issues. Once we moved to K2, no dice.

I moved to a Cisco/Linksys router, and eveything is working fine.

I hope Kaseya will look into this as the Sonicwall is working FINE, and we never had this issue with Kaseya 5.1