Kaseya Community

Question for MSP's

• I’m curious what others Managed Services Kaseya partners are doing to manage their client’s network and security information? For example, passwords, user information, network IP information, vendor contact info, and even technical instructions specific to clients.

We have made a custom database to manage our clients network information that we refer to regularly in help desk. Has anyone found software out there to that has be designed to house this IT information for other consultants? We have found that this tool has become extremely valuable to better manage our client networks, but we would like to eliminate the custom development on this tool.

Legacy Forum Name: Question for MSP's,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mattb@ghentcomputer.com
  • For passwords, one of the products we use is SecretServer by Thycotic.
    It's role based security on specified access etc...We have been happy with it.

http://www.thycotic.com/products_secretserver_overview.html

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jchurch
  • We create spread sheets to handle most of that information, I've been thinking about doing a DB for it but havent had the time... as for passwords we create our own user accounts for tracking/accountability reasons

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • ConnectWise

Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • We use KeePass for any passwords we need to keep on file, keep them encrypted with a master password, and post the encrypted files to connectwise.

Legacy Posted By Username: dwujcik
  • I use each machine's User profile field for keeping the current user info (e.g. person's name, username, password, phone ext. etc.). That way all I have to do is hover the mouse over any machine icon in the VSA and up pops all the info I need.

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • TITaN
    ConnectWise

We use ConnectWise to do our ticketing, but the way they handle documentation (per machine) doesn't always jive with our "style". Not to say it isn't a good product. But we've had a lot of bad experiances with the CW support staff. Personally I think Kaseyas responce time is stelar compaired to CW... It took them almost 3 months to figure out why our email connector wasn't working, and is going on 7 to figure out why client's cant do email ticket creations. Then theres the issue of importing 300 clients and needing to manually set them all up for use with the CW system...

We may be looking for another system, that works with Kaseya and what ever else we need it to work with. Unfortunally I'm not part of that process...

• thirteentwenty
    We use ConnectWise to do our ticketing, but the way they handle documentation (per machine) doesn't always jive with our "style". Not to say it isn't a good product. But we've had a lot of bad experiances with the CW support staff. Personally I think Kaseyas responce time is stelar compaired to CW... It took them almost 3 months to figure out why our email connector wasn't working, and is going on 7 to figure out why client's cant do email ticket creations. Then theres the issue of importing 300 clients and needing to manually set them all up for use with the CW system...

We may be looking for another system, that works with Kaseya and what ever else we need it to work with. Unfortunally I'm not part of that process...

We have used Connectwise for almost 5 years and love it and have had great response from their technical support. The email connector feature works perfectly for us.

Legacy Posted By Username: pblough
  • pblough
    We have used Connectwise for almost 5 years and love it and have had great response from their technical support. The email connector feature works perfectly for us.

Now that the email connector is working, its great, but their support has been lacking for us... Not to say it's bad all together, but it just lacks for us. Much in the same way that Kaseya support lacks for most every one... Most of the calls that I've had with them have been resolved in a day or two.

• autotask is what we use

Legacy Posted By Username: ebieber@engineered-solutions.com
  • ReedMikel
    I use each machine's User profile field for keeping the current user info (e.g. person's name, username, password, phone ext. etc.). That way all I have to do is hover the mouse over any machine icon in the VSA and up pops all the info I need.

Hhmm, took me a while to find out how to do that. That's awesome - will suit us!

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@busy.co.nz
  • Even someone at Kaseya asked me how I did that when they saw the info pop up while they were logged into my VSA to diagnose a problem a while back Smile

chris@busy.co.nz
    Hhmm, took me a while to find out how to do that. That's awesome - will suit us!

• [QUOTE=ebieber@engineered-solutions.com;52864]autotask is what we use[/QUOTE]

May I ask exactly how you are using Autotask for your documentation? Right now I have an excel workbook for each client with a tab for each server, firewall, switching, etc. Is there a way to do something similar in autotask that I am missing?

Legacy Posted By Username: ngen
  • In Autotask (AT) you can create your own fields under installed products. So for all the products (firewall, server, AP, etc) we have listed under that Client we have a field for the IP address username, password, serial number, cals, and such. Also for the domain admin password, t1 ciruct number and such we created fields under site configuration, so that we will have all information without having to dig it our and it can be accessed anywhere with the internet. We also hid some of these fields from our PC techs with the permissions in AT.

Hope that helps

Legacy Posted By Username: ebieber@engineered-solutions.com
  • I use the native Kaseya ticketing system to record all these details. I always create one hidden ticket per site, with a custom category of "_SITE INFORMATION". Subject line is something like "_SITE INFORMATION: , , "

I imagine you could also use Kaseya machine "templates" (agents that never check in). e.g. create machines named "Router1.groupID", "Switch1.groupID" etc. Then populate all the details (one way would be the User Profile/notes).

I spend enough on Kaseya, so I'm not fond of purchasing more products to fill the holes Smile Then again, I am a solo shop, so maybe these 3rd party solutions offer a lot more than I am aware of (or need).