Kaseya Community

Windows 7 unable to open remote control session

• Thanks for the info! I have a few 64 bit machines and knowing this now will cut down my headaches when I go to use them with kaseya!

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: timbuktech
  • rhayes@expertnetsolutions.com
    Yes, the 64 bit version of IE cannot host a 32 bit ActiveX. The only option there is to do the download of the control and execute it in its own space.
    Some extra info at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896457

Thanks! We've been wrestling with support on this for a while, kept telling them we're on Win7 x64, and always had problems with the remote ActiveX control, and can't figure it out. I had one guy even tell me to make sure we're using the 64-bit IE. Firefox and Chrome seemed to work OK. I'll have to tell our guys to make sure to open up 32-bit IE.

Legacy Posted By Username: rbjsea
  • 64-bit IE is very problematic with addons, not just ActiveX. I've seen problems in the past with AR, Flash, and even some Java stuff. Just use the 32-bit version, or switch to something Mozilla. With FireFox I've had no problems with RC on bot Vistax64 and 7x64, simply because the website detects that the ActiveX control won't work and spawns the download control.

Legacy Posted By Username: dwujcik