Kaseya Community

Populate custom Fields during audit or with Script

• I need to populate some custom manual input fields and one system field in the System Info view. I would like to know if there is a way to either during Audit or with a script, grab the info from a text or INI file and have it populate said fields.

For example. I want to populate the Chassis Asset Tag field with a tag number. and I have a Lock Number field I created to place the Chassis case lock ID number in. It would be nice to place the info for those into a text file somewhere on the system and just grab it during an audit and insert it into Kaseya. Does anyone have any ideas? Or am I stuck with manually entering all this info.

Before anyone asks. We have systems that move around a lot. And reentering the data each time for multiple fields can be a pain. Using a script to put the text file on the machine would be much easier.

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: Populate custom Fields during audit or with Script,
    Legacy Posted By Username: efieric
  • The only safe ways to do this would be the following. At least that I know of...

1) In SQL create a custom view that includes the custom fields that you want to populate.
    2) Use a script to trigger a VBScript to write to that custom field.

Alternativly, I think you can actually write to a custom field from within Kaseya scripts. There are some examples of people doing this online for triggering scripts and such.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • Thanks, I'll take a look at option 2.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: efieric