Kaseya Community

A little help if someone doesnt mind....

• Please excuse me if im posting this in the wrong section as to it is my first time posting on these forums.

My problem is that when i have the kaseya agent on my pc , it locks it down to the point that it takes 25 minutes to boot to windows and another 10 just to load a program. Now if i remove the agent, it its like the computer is fresh out of the box. I can go through and remove the agent and all the corresponding registry keys along with it and it is fine. Now if i reinstall the agent again, Wallah, laggy slow system is right back were it was. I work with a client base of 300+ people and half of there systems are worse then mine and have no problems whatsoever.

My system specs are :
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    Pentium 4 3.0 GHz Processor
    1 GB DDR PC 3200 RAM
    120GB Hard Drive

These system specs shouldnt have any trouble at all with laggyness of the system. It runs smoothe without the agent, just trying to figure out why it happens with. If anyone has any ideas at all it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced

Josh

Legacy Forum Name: A little help if someone doesnt mind....,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dmhcomp
  • My first though is you probably installed the agent from a template? If so, what or how did you configure the template? I have installed thousands of this agent without experiencing this issue, so my first though is you have configured the agent install (template) to do something that is causing this. Did you configure it to install the network driver?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Network Driver would be my guess as well. Either that or an extreme amount of Audits/Updates etc.

Does it speed up at all if you leave it for a while? Have you been able to check for Scheduled Scripts against the machine in question with it installed?

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • If that processor does not have hyper threading and you are running quite a few scripts, plus AV plus other background tasks, it may lockup.

Processors that don't support at least two cores in some shape or form should really be targetted for retirement.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology