Kaseya Community

Windows 7 show as Windows Vista machines

• JointTech
    err VLK customers have access to it now. It's a viable real non beta OS being deployed by real customers. So I would think a quick patch to Kaseya would fix the problem. Waiting till 6 isnt cool. It has a seperate category in Patch Management already.

Agreed, we've just started testing with it (x64 I'm hoping for an x32 soon). and alot of the "stock and standard" scripts that we use dont work I'm almost afraid to see what its doing with the registry...

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • JointTech
    err VLK customers have access to it now. It's a viable real non beta OS being deployed by real customers. So I would think a quick patch to Kaseya would fix the problem. Waiting till 6 isnt cool. It has a seperate category in Patch Management already.

Beta and the RCs have been out for almost all of the year. With the versions that are available and out now, we need to have this last month. Testing with 10 machines right now. I have patch management disabled right now until the OS is recognized properly. Unless somebody thinks my fears are unfounded...

Legacy Posted By Username: red
  • red
    Beta and the RCs have been out for almost all of the year. With the versions that are available and out now, we need to have this last month. Testing with 10 machines right now. I have patch management disabled right now until the OS is recognized properly. Unless somebody thinks my fears are unfounded...

Same boat... someone willing to take one for the team?

• thirteentwenty
    Same boat... someone willing to take one for the team?

Yeah, I'm willing to test... except that I don't have the beta! If Kaseya were to get me the beta I will take it on. Wink

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • CCDave
    Yeah, I'm willing to test... except that I don't have the beta! If Kaseya were to get me the beta I will take it on. Wink

Cool deal CCDave, and here I was only half way joking... I would too (with 2008sp1) but the I've only 2 Win7 Machines and both are now production workstation, and seeing as they are on my bosses machine I wouldn't want to risk it...

• thirteentwenty
    Cool deal CCDave, and here I was only half way joking... I would too (with 2008sp1) but the I've only 2 Win7 Machines and both are now production workstation, and seeing as they are on my bosses machine I wouldn't want to risk it...

My superior has access to the kaseya 6 beta, I will find out from him.

I just want proper OS recognition in 5. There will be some time, I think, for our company before we make the transition to Kaseya 6. In the meantime, having Kaseya 5 properly recognize Win7 should have been done this month.

• Question
    Does the Kaseya Windows Agent support running on Windows 7-based systems?

Answer

Kaseya Development has no plans to support Windows 7 with the v5.1-based Windows Kaseya Agent. The Kaseya v6-based Windows Agent will provide support for Windows 7. Check the following webpages periodically for further information regarding the Kaseya v6 software (which includes the Windows v6 Agent) for release timeline information:

http://forum.kaseya.com - In the 'Announcements' section (*Note: Kaseya Forum account required.)
    http://www.kaseya.com/company/news.aspx
    http://blog.kaseya.com

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Uuuuggghhh. To me, this is frustrating to hear.

So the current K version will not support Windows 7 (which will widely be available in just 2 weeks), but the new K version is not yet stable enough to be released into general production. And, to be safe, I will probably be waiting a few weeks/months after K6 original release date, in order to allow time for the initial wave of unexpected issue to be addressed.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • We cannot view specific Windows 7 computers and the agent isn't supported on Windows 7 but we will still release Windows 7 patches through patch management.

Makes sense to me.

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • Unbelievable!! Yet we have to continue to pay "maintenance" fees. If K6 is going to be delayed, Delay it another month or more and move development to windows 7 support.

Legacy Posted By Username: jim@bitvision.com
  • Create a View

Set OS Type to Windows Vista
    Set OS Version Filter to *Build 7*

This should allow you to identify Windows 7 computers

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • lwolf
    Uuuuggghhh. To me, this is frustrating to hear.

So the current K version will not support Windows 7 (which will widely be available in just 2 weeks), but the new K version is not yet stable enough to be released into general production. And, to be safe, I will probably be waiting a few weeks/months after K6 original release date, in order to allow time for the initial wave of unexpected issue to be addressed.

Lloyd

lwolf
    Unbelievable!! Yet we have to continue to pay "maintenance" fees. If K6 is going to be delayed, Delay it another month or more and move development to windows 7 support.

I couldn't agree more... in terms of support, it seems Win7 will be in no-man's-land. It will be sold on new computers forcing us to sell the XP downgrade and/or find manufacturers that will sell a machine in this fashion.

I'll take the wait on k6 if it means Win7 and 2008 R2 support.

• There is no XP Downgrade on Windows 7 according to my Reps at Microsoft..

Sadly, this is a big kick in the teeth

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • Eh?

The hardware OEMs can offer downgrades to XP for 18 months (but don't have to if theres no demand)

If you have Volume Licensing you can install windows 95 if you really want to or anything in between

Only software bought in the retail channel has no downgrade rights

The official policy is on the following link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4f4b3cfd-7f4e-46cb-8117-8275f7683d3f&DisplayLang=en

Nick

Legacy Posted By Username: nviner
  • Very interesting. I just called my rep again, and he insists they are not offering an OEM Downgrade option from 7 to XP...

Wonder if this is another case of Right hand not talking to the left

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN