Kaseya Community

Warranty Expiration Dates

• Has anyone found a way t keep track of Warranty expiration dates for servers / routers and have VSA send alerts when it is time for renewal?

Legacy Forum Name: Warranty Expiration Dates,
    Legacy Posted By Username: richie3333
  • Not to steal Chris' fire, but he has developed a nifty Java program that will scan your Kaseya and/or ConnectWise databases for machine information and update the warranty information. It will currently only do Windows machines installed on Dell, HP, and IBM/Lenovo hardware. We bought into it and within 15 minutes had all our machines information updated.

Check it out at http://www.updatewarranty.com

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Richie, this is typically done inside a PSA (Professional Services Automation) tool like ConnectWise or AutoTask.

The warranty update tool works great, unfortunately the temp fields created by Kaseya are text based, not date based, so it is hard to get a report from it. They sent me a SQL query that could be run to find machines that were out of date, but you would have to create templates for your routers in order to everything you asked.

Inside of ConnectWise we create configuration records, and record the warranty end date. Part of the normal workflow is to create an activity for Sales on all warranties expiring within 30 days.

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@networkdepot.com
  • i was not aware of that tool..

i may have to purchase that.

Legacy Posted By Username: saybrook