Kaseya Community

Faulting Application AgentMon.exe

• Hi Guys,

This morning we have had a few clients server agents come up as offline when they're actually not; and this is due to the kaseya service being stopped; I'm trying to find out what went wrong but having no luck looking through logs.

A couple of the sites have logged the following in the application log;

Source: Application Error
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)

Faulting application AgentMon.exe, version 5.1.0.1, time stamp 0x48e1306c, faulting module wuapi.dll, version 7.2.6001.788, time stamp 0x48f7aa6a, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0001237f, process id 0x5a4, application start time 0x01ca571f8a800b02.

Any Clues?

Legacy Forum Name: Faulting Application AgentMon.exe,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ryane
  • It's happened to me on several machines, and I'm sure that there are more out there like that... I still can't find a reason that the agent faulted and the service stopped.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Ive seen it happen before when a script is doing something funny or is causing an endless loop

Also seen it sometimes when a broken or dodgy monset or eventset has been applied to an agent

Maybe check the monitoring config on the agent and also run through the agent and script log for those agents and see if anything funny has been going on.

Legacy Posted By Username: tbone2345
  • If you note the faulting module, it's wuapi.dll. That's the Windows Update APIs. It's possible the K Agent crashed doing a patch scan

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • We have installed the rc1 K6 upgrade and ever since then, we have had nothing but problems. Agents drop like flies. No apparent explaination. We run the agent update, and now two agents get listed on workstations. It's just awful.

They apparently have no explaination.

Legacy Posted By Username: marcb
  • I logged a ticket with Kaseya with regards to this - and I received a reponse:
    1) The error occurs when using Live Connect - the agent has trouble starting the live connect screen.

They stated a new hot-fix will be out shortly to resolve this issue.

Legacy Posted By Username: luke.bragg
  • Thanks All I really appreciate the responses; I removed the agent did a redeploy and update it hasn't occured since the day after my initial response; though a hotfix would be good for any future potential problems.

This has only happened on 2 of my sites.

Legacy Posted By Username: ryane
  • Is there a update for the agent available where the problem is fixed? I actually have the problem on two machines, that the Kaseya Agent Service is running but the agent doesn't talk to the server.
    When I try to stop the service, I get the message that the service can't be stopped. But the service is stopped. After restarting the service, the agent starts reporting to the server.
    It seems that this error occurs after a Live Connect session.

Legacy Posted By Username: holger@cns.co.nz