Kaseya Community

Kaseya 6

• Hi,

Does anyone know when Kaseya 6 is published?

Has someone installed a beta?

Thanks Richard Smile

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya 6,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RiTa79
  • Right now it looks like they're getting ready to release RC1 of K6. I do not know when it'll be out. Yes I'm using the beta and like it. They did an excellent job on getting remote control into a live connect (including being able to bring up a remote console), along with a lot of other additions.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Hi boudj:

Are you using Kaseya 6 in your production environment?

Marco Alcala
    www.alcalaconsulting.com

Legacy Posted By Username: MAlcala
  • I've been trying to get into the beta for some weeks now... Here's hoping it's not too much longer before release

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.IN
  • Charles.IN
    I've been trying to get into the beta for some weeks now... Here's hoping it's not too much longer before release

I do not think they are adding any new Beta users. K6 is right around the corner, and most issues are resolved. From what I have heard they are trying to release K6 in August 2009.

Legacy Posted By Username: netwiz001
  • please tell me the reporting is a little more dynamic including a way to archive reports or even schedule differently formatted reports.

Legacy Posted By Username: saybrook
  • Scheduling is improved (including grouping), as well as being able to send as PDF.

• looking forward to it. i dont like how if i change the "format" of the email it applies to all scheduled reports.

also some bugs in the scheduled exec summary report that make emails go out as plain text intermittantly.

cant wait to see these things fixed or expanded on

Legacy Posted By Username: saybrook
  • Is user security better defined? ie Can you have someone who has access to public scripts and can edit without having Master Access?

Legacy Posted By Username: jchurch
  • Security has been greatly improved. I believe you can indeed setup someone as you described.

• I think the release is just around the corner. I was installing a new NAS at a clients site and needed to consult the online help for clarification. I then saw that the agent status icons in the backup section of help show the new status icons of K6.

P.S. Below is a link to a video from a seminar at the Kaseya User Conference in Vegas.

http://blog.kaseya.com/?p=484

Legacy Posted By Username: mwolter
  • http://www.mspmentor.net/2009/08/05/update-kaseya-6-and-saas/

Kaseya 6, the company’s next-generation IT services platform, will go live around October 1. It’s in beta test right now. Plus, a cloud version of the software is live today and being tested.

Legacy Posted By Username: jeremyj
  • Is anyone aware of whether Internet Explorer is still required for remote control, because of ActiveX?

Legacy Posted By Username: mikecosentino
  • You can use any Windows browser to remote control, an executable is provided if the activeX cannot/is not be installed. This is true in the current version at least, I'd imagine 6 is the same.

Legacy Posted By Username: kroberts210
  • Unless you are using a MAC.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182