Kaseya Community

Internet Connection

• We have a dedicated T1 for our Kaseya server. Our office computers use a separate Speakeasy DSL (8MB down, 768 up). We are wondering - is a T1 sufficient for our Kaseya server? Would we notice a difference with a faster Internet connection, like a bonded T1 (3mb up and down), or even faster (we have a 100mb line at one of our big clients that we could use)? Has anyone noticed any differences when jumping up to a much faster connection? And how bandwidth intensive is a VNC session with Kaseya?

Legacy Forum Name: Internet Connection,
    Legacy Posted By Username: peterlandau
  • Really depends on how many agents you have, how many techs you have, how much monitoring you're doing and how much scripting you use.

My general rule is 0.5mb up per 100 agents but that's using some decent monitoring features, event log capture and fairly heavy on the scripting.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: tbone2345
  • There was a Techjam session on Performance tuning earlier this year that covered this quite well. It had a pretty extensive study by Kaseya on what sort of bandwidth/Servers you need vs number of agents.

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: JMF
  • Yes, I know it can depend on all those factors. And it sounds nice that this was covered in the techjam - too late for me to attend that now. But I just thought people could share their experiences with this. Anyone?

Legacy Posted By Username: peterlandau
  • The biggest factor is your use of VSASharedFiles. Are you transferring files from your K-server to your agents, if so, what file sizes and how often?

Have you considered co-loc? It can be about the price of a T1 anymore...

Legacy Posted By Username: nevesis
  • For use the biggest was KES installs and updates. We were on a DSL connection getting about 512 coming out of our office. Several problems with KES aborting during the download. We are now on a 5 MB burstable fiber. Don't even think about it anymore.

Second issue was remotely control. Saw some marked improvement.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca