Kaseya Community

K6 Upgrade RC1 - Stay away, far far away

• We have been lied to. I was offered the RC1 as a way to have a controlled release of a working product. Installed over a month ago. We are struggling every day with no end in sight.

I did not sign on for this amount of pain and suffering. I was using Version 5 for almost a year with none of these problems.

Cannot connect to client machines expect for 25% of the time. Agents dropping like flies and cannot get accurate reading on client machines being online or not.

KES works sometimes, mostly not reliable.

Scripting tool now SUCKS!!!!

Reporting now SUCKS!!! Can't send Exec Summary anymore without a great deal of pain and effort.

PRODUCT RUNS LIKE CRAP!!!!

There are so many problems with K6, I have no idea why they thought it was ready to go. What's worse, I get no response to immediate problems and support ticketing no longer works either. Same problems I had 4 weeks ago, I still have, day after day.

Legacy Forum Name: K6 Upgrade RC1 - Stay away, far far away,
    Legacy Posted By Username: marcb
  • Hi marcb,
    Not to p*ss in Kaseya's pocket or anything, but Kaseya have been quite good with support lately, especially with K2 (Kaseya 6) issues.

With your comments to everything that "Sucks", are you able to elaborate a bit on these?
    When we first upgraded it was a little confusing at first, but we eventually got the hang of the new system (it isn't all that different).

Don't forget, Kaseya are releasing Hot-Fix after Hot-fix to resolve issues that occur within K2, but they cannot do that unless you communicate proplerly with them - You state that the ticketing function does not working anymore? With respect, did you know that you can email support@kaseya.com?

I understand your frustration, I really do, but you also need to understand that this is why Kaseya has not released K2 to the general public yet.

On another note, after we upgraded we were having issues with performance and a few other issues here and there. It ended up being our SQL database - maybe you can check your database and ensure it is cleaning, backing up and shrinking itself to ensure correct performance?

If you need any assistance with K2, please PM me or reply and I will do the best I can to help...

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: luke.bragg
  • Do you realise that it's actually at RC2 now?

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • I hope you did not use rc1 in your production environment.

Legacy Posted By Username: mlnetcor
  • Yes, as others have mentioned if you installed RC1, please contact support@kaseya.com and request downloads for RC2, which has been out for some time now. You should not be running RC1 in production.

Legacy Posted By Username: josh.tipping
  • Yikes that don't sound good. Even if he has the wrong version Kaseya must have gave him the one he installed. Sounds like the 5 upgrade again! Hope it gets better before release.

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonp
  • jasonp
    Yikes that don't sound good. Even if he has the wrong version Kaseya must have gave him the one he installed. Sounds like the 5 upgrade again! Hope it gets better before release.

I dont think it is a problem. The release process Goes through beta to RC1 to RC2 to controlled release.

The RC1 problems were likely fixed in the RC2 Release, so therefore I wouldnt be concerned about any problems someone raised in the RC1 release they were running, unless they still existed in the later version.

Nathan

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • We now have R2 running in production and i'm quite happy.

There have been some performance issues, but we have just bought a new x64 bit server yesterday and were migrating this weekend. This wasn't unexpected though as we had it in the budget for this year anyhow.

We have had some issues while using R2 occasionally but I am very happy with the responses from Kaseya support.

Legacy Posted By Username: droytrobb
  • I would just like to add that we are running v6 RC2 in a semi-production environment (dual agents) and its working flawlessly. It had a couple of bumps in RC1, but thats why its called an RC. We were told explicitly not to use it in a production environment. It also says that on just about every part of the installation documentation. Side-note, support has been extremely helpful for the few problems we have had with it, and we have now been running very smooth for about a month.

Legacy Posted By Username: jknott
  • When I installed my RC2 server for testing, I was given 2 choices for the organization naming convention. I don't remember which one I chose, but now I have duplicate names in my Machine Group list, one with the old name, and one with .root appended. Both show the exact same agents. Which option are you guys choosing during your install, and are you seeing the same thing with the duplicate group names? Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • i got the same duplicate group name issue. it is quite hard to remove it. But anyway the RC2 looks quite good and kaseya support was very nice and quick respond when I met problem during the deployment.

Legacy Posted By Username: yyu018