Kaseya Community

View Exchange Machines

• We've created a custom view to list all machines with exchange. We've applied the view to list all machines with the existing application "store.exe".

However the is very ineffective. Any machine with a store.exe on it, whether installed or not is in the view. The Store.exe could be some old file in storage somewhere on a data drive and you get it listed as an exchange server. Apply exchange monitoring to all machines in this view and you get spammed with email alerts containing the log value: "Service does not exist".

How do you find out which machines have exchange installed. It must be possible to create a view based on existing services and not just applications.

Please Help!

Thanks!

Legacy Forum Name: View Exchange Machines,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TNITG
  • There was anotehr thread on this subject. I just did a quick serach, but could not find it.

Basically, I beleive it was as follows:
    - create script #1, which checks for the presence of Exchange Server registry key(s). If found, run script #2.
    - Script #2 just writes something to the script log - like Exchange Found.
    - Schedule Script #1 to run on your servers daily, weekly, or some recurring time period.
    - Create a View that filters for Script #2 executed within the past 7 days.

That will give you a View of all Exchange Servers.

Hope this helps!

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Here's the post that Lloyd is referring to. Really is a good way to do this:

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • thanks guys, I'll apply this method, although I think this is a MAJOR hole in the Kaseya product. Hope this gets fixed in the next release:

Views based on specific services set to autostart.

Legacy Posted By Username: TNITG
  • The one I saw was similar but just had one script - if some key/application is found, then do some function (like write file) - but then don't select any file to write. This produces an error, and the script fails. We then filter on those machines that have the script fail.

We schedule that method on all servers once a month, to catch any changes.

I saw that method some where in here as well, and it works, but it's not the most ideal solution. seems like a nice thing to have would be pre-defined views you can use as templates (like for monitoring).

Legacy Posted By Username: rbjsea
  • I sort mine by
    Contains *mad.exe

cpy/pst from http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/mad/

mad.exe is a process which deals with certain important Microsoft Exchange functions such as the loading of DLL's and message logging. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • We run a script (Check for Exchange) to check if Service MSExchangeIS is running. If it is, write to the Script Log. If it is not, Execute the same script, which will cause the script to fail. Then create the View with Last execution status for "Check for Exchange" a Success.

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl