Kaseya Community

Agent on 64bit Server/OS

• Has anyone experienced an agent on a 64bit box that the agent service will not start but the agentmon.exe process is running. (in 32bit mode). The agent will not check in. Now I can't unistall the agent either to attempt to reinstall it. I have created an install package the over writes all settings but that did work either. Any help would be appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Agent on 64bit Server/OS,
    Legacy Posted By Username: patrick.skelly
  • Did you ever get anywhere with this? I realize it's been around a while, but I've got several 64bit servers that are still doing this constantly. I can't kill the service/app so I can try and restart it that way. No application I've tried (process explorer, etc.) has worked. The only solution has been to reboot the machine.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sshoots
  • Right now we are supporting 6 boxes running SBS2008 (Windows Server 2008 64bit) and 2 boxes running Windows Server 2003 64-bit). And, luckily, we are not havign any issues.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • No, Sorry I haven't. Haven't seen an issue with it lately. Just assumed that they fixed it in a hotfix

Legacy Posted By Username: patrick.skelly
  • patrick.skelly
    No, Sorry I haven't. Haven't seen an issue with it lately. Just assumed that they fixed it in a hotfix

Is there a work around? I am in the same boat. Install the agent but the service never starts. I have rebooted and I am in the same place. It won't let me un-install.

How do you get to a working solution?

If I disable the service, reboot, then try un-install... would that work (did that work for you)?

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • I have the same issue. Just installed the agent on a fresh install of Windows 2008 R2 64bit. Service starts, but KaUsrTsk.exe will not launch. Even with service shut down, attempts at uninstalling the agent fails.

Edit/Add: Best I can tell, the installer doesn't quite finish the job. I just tried to remove the Kaseya agent using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility tool, and it (the agent) doesn't even show up as an installed product. It does show up in "Uninstall or change a program" in the control panel, but clicking "Uninstall/Change" doesn't do anything ...

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • Submitted trouble ticket today. If anyone else have similar issues with the agent on Windows 2008 x64, please chime in here.

• Did you right click the .exe and select Run As Administrator?

Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M
  • Alan M
    Did you right click the .exe and select Run As Administrator?

Yes. I have tried to run kausrtsk.exe as Administrator and with all possible compatibility modes (Vista, XP, SP-levels).

It will not start.

Kaseya support wants me to patch our KServer...

Update:
    1. Patch your kserver.
    2. Re-apply Schema.
    3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until there are no more hotfixes.
    4. Update the deployment package.
    5. Download the deployment package to the server(s) in question.
    6. Install the agent with the /r /w switches.

Also, check http://kb.kaseya.com/article.asp?article=269931&p=11855, and exclude directories/files as listed from your security software.

Also, check your firewall settings (on the server and/or network firewall) to ensure that nothing is blocking the connection.

So far, I am batting 1000, at least on the "check in" part. Not sure if I can get the kausrtsk.exe running everywhere yet.

• interesting... FYI - We have K6 running on 2+ dozen 64 bit server os's and not had this issue.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I have had this problem, although somewhat different.

The agent file will not download to a windows 2008 server. If I FTP the agent install file to the server and run it, it will say that it is not a valid w32 application.

I have to download the agent install to another computer, then run the install from a network share as administrator on the windows 2008 server.

I have seen this twice now on 2008 server.

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • GDRBrian
    I have had this problem, although somewhat different.

The agent file will not download to a windows 2008 server. If I FTP the agent install file to the server and run it, it will say that it is not a valid w32 application.

I have to download the agent install to another computer, then run the install from a network share as administrator on the windows 2008 server.

I have seen this twice now on 2008 server.

Normally you would have to go into the properties of the EXE and unblock the file. Then you can install it locally.

Under some circumstances it is helpful to hit F8 when booting the 64bit machine and select the mode which disables signed driver verification, and then perform the install.

Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M
  • I am having this problem on one 64 Bit Small Business Server 2008. We have many other 2008 servers out there that are working fine. Have tried all previous ideas. Did anyone experiencing this get it working? Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: Bearfan1
  • I just signed up a new client.
    2 servers, both Dell Poweredge 2950's running 64bit WinServer 2008.
    one has 8Gb, one has 16Gb, otherwise identical.
    one is AD, DNS, domain controller, the other is an app/db server.

the install on AD, DNS server seemed fine, yes asked to "run as administrator"
    but it is in the state described elsewhere in this thread. i.e. AgentMon is running in 32bit mode, KaUsrTask is not running and it won't check in with VSA.

the app server installed fine (also "ran as administrator") and is finished it's initial audit and patch scans with no problems. Remote RDP works.

So, what could the difference be?

Legacy Posted By Username: rdyck
  • Turn off firewall on the guy.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj