Kaseya Community

Kaseya and VM

• We are at a point where we will be building a new dedicated Kaseya Server. I would like to create Windows 2003 VM on this box for portability and ease of migration. What is Kaseya's official position on this and are any guidelines published?

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya and VM,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jeffg60nj
  • Not sure of the official word on it, but just fyi we've had our Kaseya server in a VM for the last 2 years, firstly on Virtual Server 2005 then migrated to HyperV. Never had one problem and as you say it makes moving it around very easy.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Philip Harrison
  • We've also been running Kaseya in HyperV since October of last year without any real issues. I haven't heard anything from Kaseya on their official stance, but it's worked fine for us. Just make sure you have a decent disk subsystem because Kaseya does hit the drives pretty hard if you start to get a bunch of agents out there, especially during maintenance windows.

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • Hey Guys, give me an idea on the count of agents you have in use on your Hyper-v server, and how many BUDR & KES installs as well. I'd like to see how high you've scaled it and kept performance good.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I would also be keen to see those figures as we are planning an internal upgrade, and I am very tempted to keep our Kserver on its own physical, rather than go virtual.

If you could pass on details of the systems that would be great

Legacy Posted By Username: philipj@itwest.biz