Kaseya Community

Current user not displaying username

• Hi, we have 1 client that has 20 pc's and 1 server checking into our system. Only 3 of the pc's show the username of the current user, even though someone is logged in on all the pc's. Tried everything from uninstalling and re-installing, still doesn't show username.

Any help?

Legacy Forum Name: Current user not displaying username,
    Legacy Posted By Username: tankmurdoch
  • We have the same problem but the reverse. Out of 30 machines we have one or two. It would be nice to know. Some of these machines are on a domain with domain users

Grant

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • When were the agents installed? I've seen this but only when the agent is first deployed... It's almost as if it needs a logon/off or reboot cycle to see it.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • We have the probelm on several machines as well. They are all machines that have had the agent installed for at least a couple of months. I do not remember seeing it on a machine with new agent install

Legacy Posted By Username: JonJohnston
  • One reason this can happen is if a user logs on remotely thru Terminal Server (or Remote Desktop).

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • i see this as well. Its quite annoying. It seems to be mainly vista/win 7 PCs that are affected.

Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • all the pc's that are affected on our site are Win XP SP 1, 2 & 3. All usera have local admin rights, there doesn't appear to be any consistency

• tankmurdoch
    all the pc's that are affected on our site are Win XP SP 1, 2 & 3. All usera have local admin rights, there doesn't appear to be any consistency

Agreed. Believe we have only seen this on XP machines. And no pattern to it

Legacy Posted By Username: JonJohnston
  • Is KaUsrTsk.exe running on these machines that the VSA does not show anybody as being logged on?

• doesn't appear to be, it is running on the machines that are reporting the current user

• KaUsrTsk needs to be running. See KB article 307614.

• cheers, i'll follow instructions and let you know how it goes.

• ReedMikel
    KaUsrTsk needs to be running. See KB article 307614.

That explains why it doesnt show when first installs... in any case I've done up a quick script to check to see if the value is present, if not it creates it.

Script Name: KaUsrTsk Check
    Script Description: This script checks to see if KaUsrTsk is present in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Fix for KB307614

IF Check Registry Value
    Parameter 1 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Kaseya Agent Service Helper
    Exists :
    THEN
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : Kaseya Agent Service Helper Present
    OS Type : 0
    ELSE
    Get Variable
    Parameter 1 : 3
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : installPath
    Set Registry Value
    Parameter 1 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Kaseya Agent Service Helper
    Parameter 2 : "#installPath#\KaUsrTsk.exe"
    Parameter 3 : REG_SZ
    Reboot

You could one up it by having it fire the .exe, I was thinking about doing that but I prefer a reboot after a regedit of this nature.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Unrelated but related side note.

Kaseya requires a user to be logged in when mounting a BUDR volume to a machine. I've had a few situations where Kaseya would report 'unable to mount volume, user must be logged in blah blah blah' and the problem was that KaUsrTsk.exe was not running in the list of processes. I launched KaUsrTsk.exe and all was well.

Point being: Kaseya uses this in other areas so it's good for everybody to know about the KaUsrTsk requirement.

Legacy Posted By Username: smartdolphins