Kaseya Community

Kaseya Agent

• We have users that need local admin rights to their machines because a couple programs they run require it. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to restrict a user with local admin priviledges from uninstalling the agent? I know the best solution is to restrict their priviledges, but this is not doable.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Agent,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cdiscianno
  • One way would be to simply remove the registry key so it does not appear in Add/Remove Programs.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • cdiscianno
    We have users that need local admin rights to their machines because a couple programs they run require it. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to restrict a user with local admin priviledges from uninstalling the agent? I know the best solution is to restrict their priviledges, but this is not doable.

cdiscianno,

What do the programs do that requires administrative privs? Perhaps some well issued cacls commands can safely reign the user back in. I have a number of "legacy" apps that require user writable access to areas that is normally read-only and was able to solve this by running filemon, checking the logs for things like write failures, and then issue the appropriate cacls command to grant the local users group permissions to write to those locations.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Zestysoft