Kaseya Community

Kaseya 6 Server Specs

• Has there been any recommended server specs released for Kaseya 6 to run on?

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya 6 Server Specs,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Kellie
  • Kellie
    Has there been any recommended server specs released for Kaseya 6 to run on?

I asked about this and was told they would post it shortly before the release of Kaseya 6.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: netwiz001
  • With the ability to take the remote control load off the KServer with the V6, if I understand it correctly, should help keep the hardware requirements under control.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • This is what I've managed to get out of support so far:

- SQL 2000 de-supported
    - SQL 2008 supported
    - Windows Server 2008 supported on the Kaseya server

Legacy Posted By Username: richardprice
  • richardprice
    This is what I've managed to get out of support so far:

- SQL 2000 de-supported
    - SQL 2008 supported
    - Windows Server 2008 supported on the Kaseya server

did they mention 64 bit at all?

Legacy Posted By Username: trebligb
  • 64-bit - supported

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I got this directly from Kaseya Documentation for RC 1

• Windows XP
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 2003 32 Bit
    • Windows 2003 64 Bit
    • Windows 2008 32 Bit *
    • Windows 2008 64 Bit *
    • SQL Server 2005 32 Bit
    • SQL Server 2005 64 Bit **
    • SQL Server 2008 32 Bit
    • SQL Server 2008 64 Bit

* The v6 VSA can now be installed on Windows 2008; however, the Kaseya Backup and
    Disaster Recovery (BUDR) v3.0 installer does not yet support Windows 2008. If you
    plan to run Kaseya v6 with BUDR, then do NOT use Windows 2008 as the platform for
    your Kaseya Server.
    ** If you plan to run MS Windows 64-bit (XP, Vista, Server), the Kaseya Server, and
    SQL Server 2005 64-bit all on a single Windows machine then you will encounter a
    Microsoft issue related to MS Reporting Services (v6 reporting now uses MS Reporting
    Services). The issue can be addressed as described in this article:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143293(SQL.90).aspx. There is no issue if
    you are running SQL Server 2005 on a separate box from the Kaseya Server.

Legacy Posted By Username: patrick.skelly
  • Interesting. I have been playing with SSRS 2008 this week since we are trying to provide more in depth reporting to our clients than what Kaseya is currently offering and no new announcements on V6 yet (it's almost August!) Stick out tongue

For reporting services I am assuming we can use our own RDLs or pull out and edit existing ones since that is what makes SSRS so nice... Is uploading new RDLs exposed through the web GUI or will we need to go through the report server/Reporting Services Scripter?

Also does anyone know how email is handled? I know SSRS subscriptions don't do SMTP authentication which is annoying. I am hoping Kaseya is dropping the generated reported to the filesystem and sending it through code but wanted to see if anyone can give a little more info.

Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: jeremyj